• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    :xmad: Seriously people! Here is my rant for the day.

Had to run to the store to get some nails for a cub scout project. BlackBerry was in my jacket pocket and got in the way of buckling the seat belt. So I placed in the the tray between to seats. Sun was out so I also cracked the window. Got to the store and the boy and I went in for maybe 5 minutes. Forgot to grab my phone from the tray in the car and didn't bother to lock the door. Why would I? Nothing worth stealing in the car anyway. :rolleyes: (I know, I know tell me how naive I am later. I should know better) I noticed my fuel card was on the floor board when I got back in the car and thought that was strange but it didn't occur to me that my phone was gone until I got home. Thief must have grabbed the phone and did a quick check of the little storage spot under the radio for money or CDs. (Good luck bub I don't have either.) Well the joke is on them because I called Verizon and had them list it as stolen, so some poor sucker on ebay or craigs list is going to buy something they can't even hook up.

It doesn't stop there! In the last year.

1) Somebody decided to do a hit and run on my wife's car. $2300 damage.
    2) Somebody stole meat out of my neighbors freezer and broke into his tool trailer. (actually this may have been within the last 18 months or so)
    3) I caught some kids (late teens) on bikes looking in vehicles on my street for stuff to steal.
    4) Somebody stole my ladder out of my back yard.
    5) My buddy had a pistol stolen out of his truck.

Yep all of this within a 2 mile radius of my front door.

I hate feeling like I need to lock my doors. I am a nice guy and want to trust other people and be a part of the world around me not locked away from it. But these darn thieves seem to be everywhere. Makes me glad I am not a LEO. If this was all I saw every day it would be very hard for me not to lose faith in my fellow man.

Rant Off. Thanks for listening. Oh and the jokes on that thief because that old BlackBerry has been dropped a lot and was in need of replacement anyway. I was just to lazy to throw out a working phone because I hate switching all the information over.
    Honesty left town with his friend Integrity last year. They said they might come back if Conscience was willing to return with them!

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Used to be, shortly after the 'industrial revolution' started.... that if you locked things up well enough, the thieves would go on to another place/victim (because you made stealing your stuff, too much like work).

These days, far too many of these worthless suckers.... make a 'job' of it. But sooner or later, karma will catch up with them..... like the two copper theives, in the link, below.

WARNING: If you are easily upset or offended by 'gore'.....DO NOT click on this link!!!

Copper Wire Thieves Electrocuted in Dallas, Texas | Best Gore

My district manager told me about this story & pics..... :popcorn:

trillobite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Muncie
    Snapped these pictures today. I knew it was getting bad, but not this bad.
    405594_358027097547713_100000212780333_1702256_415430963_n.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well typing this from my new Droid razr. It is nicer then my old blackberry. But wow $372! That is going to make me dip into savings as I did not have this purchase budgeted. I have a good job but we still plan for large purchases. I appreciate the picture of the fiber optic wire. Scrap theft is getting bad. We have some steel targets at our range and have to hide or lock them up because we are afraid of somebody stealing it.

Top Bottom