What is some wild vegetation that is safe to eat, locally?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc556guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Some old timers where telling me today that if you don't want to get posion ivy eat a posion ivy sandwitch. They saw this when they were kids and swore it worked. Now you will never get me to ever in hell try this but was curious if anyone has herd of this. I saw this thread and had to throw this in here.
    That's not one I'd care to put to the test.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Some old timers where telling me today that if you don't want to get posion ivy eat a posion ivy sandwitch. They saw this when they were kids and swore it worked. Now you will never get me to ever in hell try this but was curious if anyone has herd of this. I saw this thread and had to throw this in here.

To All,

NEVER NEVER NEVER DO THIS!!

Back in the 40's some well meaning soul passed along this home remedy to my grandmother. She tried it and damn near died!!!

I hear there was infection throughout her entire system with her mouth, tongue, and throat swelling up - along with every other part of her body. She laid in bed unable to move for an entire week. From what I hear it is amazing that she survived it.

Do NOT do this with anything you are allergic to.

Regards,

Doug

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

To All,

NEVER NEVER NEVER DO THIS!!

Back in the 40's some well meaning soul passed along this home remedy to my grandmother. She tried it and damn near died!!!

I hear there was infection throughout her entire system with her mouth, tongue, and throat swelling up - along with every other part of her body. She laid in bed unable to move for an entire week. From what I hear it is amazing that she survived it.

Do NOT do this with anything you are allergic to.

Regards,

Doug

Hence the word...."Poison".

Top Bottom