• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    depends on how fat you are. the bigger the person, the easier is to conceal. id get the biggest weapon you can easily and comfortably conceal. you probably want to stay around from pocket pistols, i know for me i don't like my hand to be bigger than the weapon i am shooting. just thoughts

rxbdwl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    I've been drooling over the CM9 since they came out but now that I've found them available on line, I'm wondering if the CW9 would not be much easier to control. It's only about half an inch larger in each direction. I have handled the CW9 but not the CM9 as I haven't found one locally.

What say you?

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    I have to agree with Jay on this, if it doesn't fit like a glove ...or shoe...you'll be uncomfortable with it and not handle or shoot it much.
    I can give a good example of this..I got a Ruger P90, bought it actually for my wife to shoot, she didn't like the trigger pull, I myself didn't like the grips, so after 50rds it's sat in the safe.
    Whereas my Kimbers....thousands and thousands put thru them.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone have experience with the Beretta PX4?
    Nice handgun! It doesn't quite fit my hand just right, but that is just me. It is still a good handgun and if it feels good to you then that is what is important. I know a couple of people that have the Px4 as their EDC and they really like them.

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Nice handgun! It doesn't quite fit my hand just right, but that is just me. It is still a good handgun and if it feels good to you then that is what is important. I know a couple of people that have the Px4 as their EDC and they really like them.

EDC?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Carry what you shoot.

What do you shoot?

Carrying a dissimilar gun to the one you practice / compete with is setting yourself up for failure.

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I have shot lots of hand guns, and would agree with most of the other posters. The gun you buy for CC should be light, but comfortable in your hand, you will shoot it more and likely be more accurate with it. I found the Kahr CW40 to be my favorite, light easy to conceal, I carry it in a Don Hume inside waste band holster. The .40S&W has plenty of stopping power, and I have shot approx 400 rds ball and 100 hollow point ammo through this pistol with only 2 failures, those were my fault, one the mag was not all the way in, and the other was due to shooting about 200 rds with my son without cleaning it, had to boost the action closed. I also like the Glocks, they just work.
    Bill...

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    You mentioned Taurus, I carry a PT140. It has been flawless which my G19 has not been. In my experience with several Taurus firearms, I trust them more than my Glock.

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    I spent alot of time holding them today, a xd9sc, a beretta px4, glock 17 and 19, ruger single stack something er other, and honestly the PX4 felt the most comfortable next to the XD9sc... And i like the fact that the PX4 has a hammer.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I spent alot of time holding them today, a xd9sc, a beretta px4, glock 17 and 19, ruger single stack something er other, and honestly the PX4 felt the most comfortable next to the XD9sc... And i like the fact that the PX4 has a hammer.

Can I ask why you like the exposed hammer?

You have experience with the controls on an XD, and the XD9sc is almost exactly the same size as the PX4sc...

You are also adding a manual safety to your EDC, so are you going to carry with it on Safe, or Fire? If on safe, are you going to practice with it before you carry it?

Personally, I would go with what you know. not to mention, the XD9sc is cheaper ($430 vs $465 for the PX4) AND comes with a 16rd spare mag as well.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Ok, seriously. Do you just copy and paste this? I have seen this word for word on MULTIPLE threads. :rolleyes:

Yes I do...I'm the original author, it's accurate, it's a good answer for a new shooter, and it applies to a large number of folks. The same old question keeps popping up, and the same old answer continues to apply. :patriot:

..oh, I almost forgot.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Can I ask why you like the exposed hammer?

You have experience with the controls on an XD, and the XD9sc is almost exactly the same size as the PX4sc...

You are also adding a manual safety to your EDC, so are you going to carry with it on Safe, or Fire? If on safe, are you going to practice with it before you carry it?

Personally, I would go with what you know. not to mention, the XD9sc is cheaper ($430 vs $465 for the PX4) AND comes with a 16rd spare mag as well.

I like the hammer just because i feel like it is an added measure of safety.. And the Bersa i had before had the hammer so i got used to it...I know it makes no sense just how i feel..

The XD9sc at Gander mountain was $549, and i called Bradis they want $509... GM only had a used PX4 and it was $474

RiverCityFolks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Bend of the River
    Several years ago I purchased a Kel Tec P11. It has been an affordable, dependable EDC gun for years. It feels good in my hand, the recoil is manageable, and the accuracy is acceptable. I carry it in an inside pocket holster and buy my pants with deep pockets. I practice 3-4 times a year and would trust my life to it. I looked at the PF9. The size is not much difference. I like the wider grip of the P11 (better control). The weight difference is easy to control. I take out 3 or 4 rounds if it begins to feel heavy, I still have 7 or 8 rounds of 9mm stopping power. I always have an extra 12 magazine at hand. I agree to go with what is comfortable for you. It should be as everyday normal as your keys, glasses and wallet. Now, I trying to convince my wife I need another one.

Top Bottom