• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ridebmw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    I recently shopped with similar parameters and ended up finding a "like new" CZ75BD in 9mm. I love it and range ammo is a lot cheaper than .40SW.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As much as I would like to try something different I'm leaning toward your advice. However, my thought process for buying a new gun was to gain experience with something other than a Glock. So if I am persuaded that it isn't worth it to do that then maybe I don't buy a second gun. I will probably still keep an eye out for a good 22 for fun. I would like to get the AA conversion for my G17 but they are back ordered for 12-24 months so that is a ways off.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Chime in if you have an opinion.

An AA kit for a 17 was in stock at Plainfield earlier this week... just sayin, ;)

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I just called plainfield and the one they have is for a Gen 3 so I can't use it. They claim that there is no conversion available yet for the Gen 4.
    That is inaccurate. It is available, or at least in the catalog.

Advantage Arms Secure Online Store: Which Kit Will Fit My Glock?

This page: Glock Conversion Kits - 9mm to .22 LR

Lists the FAQs, and says the 17 is available as well.

You may have to shop around a bit, or go in and talk with them. If it's available, I am sure they'll get it for you!

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    That is inaccurate. It is available, or at least in the catalog.

Advantage Arms Secure Online Store: Which Kit Will Fit My Glock?

This page: Glock Conversion Kits - 9mm to .22 LR

Lists the FAQs, and says the 17 is available as well.

You may have to shop around a bit, or go in and talk with them. If it's available, I am sure they'll get it for you!

I've shopped all around and no one has them. I've checked about every online retailer as well. they all say anywhere from 6 to 18 month backorder for the Gen 4 kit.

One dealer I talked to said that it's a tiny operation our of an industrial park in L.A. He said they only make a few units per week.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited:

pitbull1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    XDM 40! That was my plan to go along with my G21. However, I got a deal I couldn't pass up on a Springfield 1911 A1 Military, so the XDM has to wait a few months :)

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just called plainfield and the one they have is for a Gen 3 so I can't use it. They claim that there is no conversion available yet for the Gen 4.

I was just in today doing my weekly check for an AA kit for a 19/23 for Gen 4, and to my surprise and yet disappointment they had an AA kit for a 17/22 Gen 4 and a 19/23 Gen 4 in stock today. They just got them in.

Guess I'll head back in a week or so to see if they get any in for the Gen 3.

Top Bottom