What was something you always wanted,and could finally afford as an adult.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As a kid I always wanted to fly….dad and I would look at old magazines of some machine made of lawn mower parts and wings that could take flight. Always wanted to make a contraption that would take me into the are and fly over the swamps, lakes and fields around my house….often dreamed of what that would be like. Around 1999 after a divorce I saw a ad in auto RV for a flight lesson in a powered parachute….I had been in the Army on helicopters and had sky dived also so I signed up and took a hour course and same day took my first flight….WOW. Couple months later got a loan and bought a kit and put it together myself and flew that over the place I grew up as a kid for several years. View attachment 52851

View attachment 52852

That's cool. I've thought about something like that.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    A bull dozer ,john Deere 450 diesel . 6 way blade. To much fun .......I almost bought a roadgrader this weekend. Had the wife convinced we could use it to plow snow out of the driveway with it. She looked at me with that look that she uses to tell the grandkids you can have 1 more cookie. After 30 years of marriage I think she finds my excuses and justifications "amusing"

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    bikes.jpg Always wanted a Harley even before they were cool. Family and house came first but I finally got one... or two....:cool:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    A Brand new vehicle .....

I bought my brand new 2005 Dodge Caravan, in Aug., of

2004, when I was deployed .....

it bit the dust, a few years back .....

350,000 miles, and no major engine work,

and no transmission work .....

YES, I do take care of my cars .....

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A Ford Mustang. I took a liking to guns about 7 years ago and finally landed a good job where I could afford them, now I'm married and can't buy anything again.

Ditto on the Ford Mustang. I own a 1997 base model and just love driving it. Since it is paid for, I can manage a few other toys, too. Hang tough, jg, when the kids are gone you will miss them more than you enjoy the guns.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Land. Something about owning land when I was a kid seemed appealing.

This. I grew up on 140 acres, didn't miss it until I had teenagers. I thank God OkieGirl gets it and drove me to a place where we could teach our kids the "simple life". Not until then did I realized what they were missing as they grew up in suburbia. Now, all four of them ask every weekend if we are "going to the property". I couldn't be happier.

MrAverage

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Terre Haute
    I'm just happy to hand over all my money to my wife and government to spend in a manner they feel appropriate. Dreaming is for those without sleep apnea.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Ditto on the Ford Mustang. I own a 1997 base model and just love driving it. Since it is paid for, I can manage a few other toys, too. Hang tough, jg, when the kids are gone you will miss them more than you enjoy the guns.

I had a 90 LX 5.0 convertible for about 8 years then traded it on an 01 GT convertible which I still own. They are pretty reliable vehicles and like you said fun to drive. I don't have any kids yet that's why I'm trying to get more guns first lol.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Flying, excitement, education were tops on my list. I was able to keep myself in sport bikes, a part owner of a small plane, skydiving, power boats, etc. I enjoyed studying through several degrees and certificates and some post graduate work. The work paid off. I thought retirement would be great, and it probably is with good health. That is where I came up short.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom