• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hmod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Indy
    I grew up shooting at a very young age and always found joy in target shooting.the first handgun I had ever shot was a Colt 1911 that had been used and carried in Vietnam and I kept all 8 on a piece of duct tape on a tree at 25 yds. Still in the market for one ... The first handgun I had ever bought was a beat up Beretta 96 .40. I think something was up with the barrel cause I could barely keep it on paper. So I sold it.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    S&W M10 w/ 4in Tapered BBl. Bought for LEO Academy training class.(1986) Later bought a M49 Bodyguard for ankle carry/pocket. The M10 looked like a drag along, as was worn a lot on barrel and cylinder. Was used and a trade in. Fired perfect-point of aim with 158 gr Semi Wadcutters. Still have it, but got a reblue, inspection, grips, and red insert installed in front sight. (my eyes really appreciate that now) Perfect balance, and ideal home defense gun. Add JHP's, 2 spare speedloaders, you are good to go.

Own Glocks now, but still get the M10 out on occasion for maintenance. Never felt under armed.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    Colt Commander .45 blued , with aftermarket adjustable sights, flat mainspring housing, 3 hole adjustable trigger, extended thumb safety, series 70.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    hey Lt Scott,
    I love that S&W model 10 myself. The balance and trigger just seem to fit my hand. I bought an older piece $300 and after a year, I liked it so much, I bought another that was in gorgeous condition $400. The blueing is just beautiful and the trigger is a dream double action. Last year I picked up a nice model 13 $500 which seems like a twin of the model 10, but in 357 mag. Both those model 10's are the best buys in handguns today.
    Lost

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    My first handgun that I purchased on my own was a Glock 23. For what it is worth, I think it is a great starter. I have been around rifles and shotguns the majority of my life, but never got into handguns until a couple of years ago. Can't wait to acquire as money presents itself!

FNP-45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    fort wayne
    Ruger p95. Didn't like 9mm so I got rid of it for a gen 3 glock 22. Didn't really like the glock or .40 cal so I got rid of that for the FNP-45...love it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    While I was stationed in Wiesbaden Germany 1963.
    I purchased a P-08 for $25.00. only 3 pieces were not original.
    I am getting to old and afraid it would be lost upon my passing.
    I sold it to a German re-enactment person.

DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    First one that I actually owned was from my father when I turned 18, a S&W model 60, 357 magnum with 2-1/8" barrel. Still have it in the safe, it is OK to shoot with 38 but is really a handful with 357Mag rounds, so it doesn't get out very often.

Darren

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    hey Lt Scott,
    I love that S&W model 10 myself. The balance and trigger just seem to fit my hand. I bought an older piece $300 and after a year, I liked it so much, I bought another that was in gorgeous condition $400. The blueing is just beautiful and the trigger is a dream double action. Last year I picked up a nice model 13 $500 which seems like a twin of the model 10, but in 357 mag. Both those model 10's are the best buys in handguns today.
    Lost

Agree with your investments! I tried to buy a M13, could not find one. A friend who was a Special Agent on Norfolk & Southern Police carried one for ever. Never any problems, besides wear. He still has his too.
    Did a brief stint as Court Security Officer, the younger officers use to razz me a little because I didn't carry a G21. When we qualled, my scores were in the 90% range, their G21's only shot 80-90%. (wasn't really the gun, just the aim of the guys. I also shot a G21- 90% as well. Experience does show.)

I still use basket weave leather to carry, speedloaders, S&W cuffs, and a Motorola radio. Old school, they work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Noblesville
    My first handgun was a Firestorm (Bersa) compact 9mm. I still own it though I have owned several others since buying it in 2009. Bought it at a Gun Show in Sharonville, OH. Loved the decocker/safety as a new handgun owner and carried it concealed. Now sits in the Mrs. nightstand. Very accurate with 13+1 capacity. Would recommend to any new handgun owner.

ParkerBoy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    50 Lakes
    My first was a H&R 9 shot .22. I don't recall if it had a model number or anything. I was 12 and in 7th grade and a classmate mentioned that he had a revolver for sale. It came to school with him in a paper bag and it went home with me the same way. I don't recall what happened to the gun, but I do recall that it didn't shoot very well or maybe it was me, I can't say for sure. The classmate and I are still in touch, even though we're 1500 miles apart.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad for "dealing guns in school"......it was a LONG time ago and things were very different back then.

bar3353

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    Evansville
    I bought my first gun a few months ago at 22. It is a walther ccp 9mm. Its not too bad up to 10 yrds past that i have been have trouble. Do i need more practice?

Top Bottom