• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    SR9 , because it is 1911 thin, high cap, durable and at its price I dont mind the abuse it takes as a daily carry.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    While I initially figured it would be the Gen4 G23 that I'll finally be receiving next week, my current EDC is a Sig Sauer 1911 C3 w/ CrimsonTrace Lasergrips and Tritium Novaks. In the last few days it's ate numerous boxes of rounds up with no flaw. And she's damn accurate, too.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Depends on the rig. OWB or shoulder holster then i carry double stack and IWB or pocket i use a single stack. XD-40 sub, Kahr CM9.

Weather and clothes dictate what i choose.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    A plain vanilla Wilson Professional 45 or a 4" S&W 29, as the mood strikes me. Used both on the job for many years with perfect satisfaction. The Wilson works better IWB than the N frame for concealed carry, but as the name implies, I am a dinosaur and prefer the revolver

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No offense intended, but that holster is looking mighty used. We had a thread a while back where a fella used a "well worn" leather holster and the top edge of the holster caught the trigger when the user was holstering the gun, causing it discharge into the dude's leg. The pictures were quite ugly and the holster didn't look much different than this--if memory serves. Again, no offense intended, just a word of caution from one shooter to another. I would expect nothing less from any other member of this forum.

What is my carry gun? One of three, depending on where I'm going & what I'm doing. I don't have a preference to OC/CC either way, it just depends on what and where again. Mostly, I carry my XD9SC, but I also have a Smith Mod 10 38 Spec Snubby and a full size Bersa Thunder 40 Cal. Mostly use Hornady Critical Defense for SD ammo.

None taken. This is a hammerless Smith, the holster has a kydex insert. There is no wear per se, just sweat stains. the holster was made by a Southern Indiana custom holster maker by the name of "Little Feather" and is well known regionally as well as nationally due to a very positive write up in "American Handgunner" magazine. I believe anything is possible but the wear on this holster just makes the weapon slide in easier. the trigger pull on my 640-1 is a smooth 11.5 lbs DAO and while I do believe that "anything is possible", I for the life of me, can not see how that could possibly happen with this rig unless I was trying to make it happen. Unfortunatley Little Feather is no longer making holsters but his website may still be up. littlefeatherleather.com

Indiucky

Top Bottom