• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Just kick him... I'm trained to kick, i can calculate my kicks to cause pain, and not break bones.

(By the way, this can a dangerous thing, and I don't recommend anyone try to break up a lawn fight this way. I know the risks and weigh them before throwing the kick).

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Interestingly, I used to live in a ground floor apartment behind a bar and something very similar to this happened. My bedroom window faced the bar parking lot (I didn't stay there long!!) I called 911 and stayed inside.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Just kick him... I'm trained to kick, i can calculate my kicks to cause pain, and not break bones.

(By the way, this can a dangerous thing, and I don't recommend anyone try to break up a lawn fight this way. I know the risks and weigh them before throwing the kick).

I just wanted to quote this in case anyone missed the genius of this comment. :laugh:

Anyway, I agree with everyone else, don't go outside to begin with. Or, retreat back inside if you've already made that mistake. As far as shooting someone who apparently poses no threat, it's not worth the long fight in court or the lifetime of guilt. If there is ANYTHING you can do to avoid shooting someone then by all means that's the route to take. And I hope the warning shot comment was a joke. :n00b:

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ok. It wasnt me this happened to. I witnessed the whole thing from inside my apartment directly across the street.
    The moron that owns the bldg across the street and me had called 911. After that he came outside and confronted the drunk. Just as someone posted they ran around in circles for awhile and when the police rolled up the drunk dropped the bottle and put his hands up. I agree with the adult replies that the bldg owner never should of come outside. I am the property manager of my bldg and have had to deal with these idiots( both the owner and the drunk) before. He(owner) claims he has a CWP, but I am not sure he does. And if he does, he shouldn't. He has real bullet holes in his SUV. At least he didnt shoot the guy if he does have a gun.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Ok. It wasnt me this happened to. I witnessed the whole thing from inside my apartment directly across the street.

Thats what they all say. :D

............ He(owner) claims he has a CWP, but I am not sure he does. And if he does, he shouldn't. He has real bullet holes in his SUV. At least he didnt shoot the guy if he does have a gun.

He is lying he has no CWP!!! Not in INdiana anyway.:D

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    You own a apartment bldg that has 5 ground floor units. It has parking spaces right in front of the units.
    A intoxicated older male is in one of those parking spaces throwing rocks and beer bottles at the apartments and breaks a window. He is yelling and cursing at you while you are inside your apartment. You come out to see whats going on. The drunk is still in the parking space and threatens you with a broken beer bottle in his hand. You have already called 911. He half-heartedly comes at you with the broken beer bottle in his hand. He is so drunk that all you have to due is move out of the way.
    Would you shoot him or wait for the police?
    I will tell you what happened after I get some replies to this real life scenario.

If he is stumbling at you so slowly that you can easily move out of the way, then he is not a threat. You wouldn't shoot him just like you wouldn't shoot a 6 year old who is hitting you with both fists in anger. Yes the 6 year old's actions would be considered assault if done by a strong and capable adult man, but that isn't the case. The alcohol in this case has incapacitated this man's ability to be a real threat, thus if you shoot him, you would be a murderer.

If he was on PCP, that might be another story.

Last edited:

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    Obviously a joke he used the word manupulate.

If we break that down manupulate we can clearly see that it means...
    Stand up to the heathen because the cops will take a while to get there and the guy needs to be distracted by you until they get there to take care of bidness.
    Oh all mighty nobody, It was a joke, if you ain't got the ball or the confedents in your self then the internet is invented for you. I don't don't regret ****, nor do I care if I don't know them. I-s t-h-a-t o-k w-i-t-h y-o-u a-l-l m-i-g-h-t-y? like I give a ****.........:laugh:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Oh all mighty nobody, It was a joke, if you ain't got the ball or the confedents in your self then the internet is invented for you. I don't don't regret ****, nor do I care if I don't know them. I-s t-h-a-t o-k w-i-t-h y-o-u a-l-l m-i-g-h-t-y? like I give a ****.........:laugh:

I want to confedent my self now::D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I'll have you know I do know how to be somebody.
    Here is my picture for proof.

the-jerk-hd-dvd-20070518110047977-000.jpg

Apparently you can't understand a joke yourself. :dunno:

I'll try to work on it for you. :yesway:

I don't don't regret ****

So what you are actually saying is that you do regret it?

:yesway: I'm feelin' ya brah.

Being that confedent takes ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gKQ8paZ8Lc

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    If he is stumbling at you so slowly that you can easily move out of the way, then he is not a threat. You wouldn't shoot him just like you wouldn't shoot a 6 year old who is hitting you with both fists in anger. Yes the 6 year old's actions would be considered assault if done by a strong and capable adult man, but that isn't the case. The alcohol in this case has incapacitated this man's ability to be a real threat, thus if you shoot him, you would be a murderer.

Sorry. There is a big difference between a fully grown adult with a broken beer bottle (drunk or not) & an unarmed 6 year old. That was a very poor analogy. The ONLY time they could be reasonably compared is if the adult was drunk to the the point that they literally couldn't stand or move.

If the man is moving toward you he is a threat. There are many variables to consider (distance, visibility, cover, associates of his - or yours - in the area, etc.) to decide if they are a deadly threat that details are lacking for in the OP.

Again, would any cop allow a mobile drunk with a broken bottle to come at them & not at least draw on them or taze them if they had backup?

The only things we can say for sure is:

1 - if you honestly feel you are in imminent threat of serious bodily injury then shoot.

2 - it's better for everyone if you don't have to.

3 - don't let the fear of repercussions from 2 stop you from 1

It could be argued that the guy should not have come out of his apartment in the first place (atrocious? :rolleyes: puhleeze) but sometimes things happen & we find ourselves in a position we didn't really expect to be. Like I said the law allows you to confront (with less than deadly force) someone who is damaging or stealing your property. Why should we hold ourselves to a higher standard than the law requires in protection of our property or ourselves?

To say that "as gunowners we need to avoid danger" is kind of silly. That implies that if were not gun-owners we would be OK to confront danger.

I gave up no Rights when I decided to carry a gun for my protection. I say that if that "danger" is someone damaging or stealing my property then if I would be allowed to try to stop them while unarmed I could still do the same while armed.

If THEY chose to escalate the situation & became a deadly threat to me then THEY have to suffer the consequences of THEIR decision. If I run after & tackle a guy who stole my wallet - that's legal. If the guy comes up swinging a knife & I shoot him - that's legal.

It is not a foregone conclusion that shooting the drunk guy with a deadly weapon in his hand moving in your direction would get you convicted of murder. It depends on other details that were left out.

As case in fact, how about the guy who was just aquitted of assault for shooting a drunk college girl through his closed front door? I'd contend that she was far less of a threat to the homeowner than the drunk guy with a broken bottle was to the OP.

Prudence calls for not putting yourself in that position unecessarily. That applies if you are armed or not but if you do find yourself in that situation through no illegal action of your own then you are under no obligation to put yourself at more risk in trying to keep from taking necessary action against the threat.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

:n00b: :dunno:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers

Being that confedent takes ball.

The pirate likes this. Full of the win, this thread is.

Kick him in the nuts then set him on fires. It's in the rulez.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    You own a apartment bldg that has 5 ground floor units. It has parking spaces right in front of the units.
    A intoxicated older male is in one of those parking spaces throwing rocks and beer bottles at the apartments and breaks a window. He is yelling and cursing at you while you are inside your apartment. You come out to see whats going on. The drunk is still in the parking space and threatens you with a broken beer bottle in his hand. You have already called 911. He half-heartedly comes at you with the broken beer bottle in his hand. He is so drunk that all you have to due is move out of the way.
    Would you shoot him or wait for the police?
    I will tell you what happened after I get some replies to this real life scenario.

I know most these guys don't understand that if someone breaks your window your going to come out of your apartment, MAD as hell, Well what you should of done is whack the do-do out of him with an ASP baton:D Say you came out of your home cause you feared for the neighborhood kids:twocents:

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Sorry. There is a big difference between a fully grown adult with a broken beer bottle (drunk or not) & an unarmed 6 year old. That was a very poor analogy. The ONLY time they could be reasonably compared is if the adult was drunk to the the point that they literally couldn't stand or move.

If the man is "so drunk that all you have to due [sic] is move out of the way" in order to avoid him, then killing him seems just a bit unreasonable. You need to remove yourself from the situation and call the police. They can put him in a cell, and you can sort out the details of property damage when the man is sober.

If he is moving that slowly, because he is that intoxicated, he probably won't escape quickly. I am sure the cops will have plenty of time to get there to make the arrest.

Nothing in the original post would lead a reader to believe that the OP was in grave danger. We're simply talking about a lumbering street drunk that needs to spend the night in a jail cell to sober up.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    The drunk was arrested and charged with trespassing(on my property), aggravated assault on the landlord across the street and public intoxication. Hopefully I wont see him for a year or two.
    By the way I now live in South Florida, Americas Third World State. Thats where this scenario took place. Down here as a Caucasian Male, I am a minority and I dont speak spanish, but everybody else does.

Top Bottom