• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The rule of thumb for me is that even though I carry a weapon with me that does not mean that I put myself in any type of situation that I wouldn't normally put myself in if I were not carrying a weapon. I don't go venturing into the crime ridden areas of the city just because I have a weapon with me. So the question I would ask myself after calling 911 is do I need to go out and confront the drunk guy? The answer is probably not.

But in the scenario given I, for some reason not clearly stated, I decided that I needed to go out and confront the drunk. If the guy is so intoxicated that I can simply step out of the way or subdue him in some other way, then that is what I do. Drawing my weapon and firing on him is what I resort to when there are no other options or when all other options have failed. Because if I have to draw and shoot it will be a one sided story (my side) that will be given to law enforcement when they arrive.

Coltguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Wait for the police, in this situation I am not in fear. For my life. Very interested in your conclusion. Thanks !

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I say if you can avoid killing someone do it. If someone robbed me and was running away. I wouldn't shoot. It floors me when I see convenient store clerks shooting at people as they are running away from the store. The threat has ended. The purpose of shooting is to neutralize the threat. If you can dodge the person without much effort, by all means, do so.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I wouldn't leave the apartment. You're safe in there and there's no reason to leave. Let the police handle the drunk, that's what they're paid to do. If the drunk tries to force his way into the apartment where you are, then you are put into a situation where you have to act. You do not have to step outside to "see what's going on".

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I don't understand why this is in purple... :dunno:

I actually would of followed policy demanding he stop and tell him I would spray him if he refused. FOX brand OC is also one of the strongest brands out on the market therefore an entire can would not be needed. Using a full can also might be considered excessive.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I'll manupulate him aka if he's so drunk that he can really hurt me I just let him chase me around till the cops, or drop him on the ground with out me or him getting hurt. If I feel it can get out hand fire a warning shot, and so advance from there. I don't think that in this situation the drunk need to be shoot death, is there are clear ways around that. Basicly I don't see the need of a firearm in this situation, there are other ways to deal with the drunk. But it all depends on the person.

facepalm.gif

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I actually would of followed policy demanding he stop and tell him I would spray him if he refused. FOX brand OC is also one of the strongest brands out on the market therefore an entire can would not be needed. Using a full can also might be considered excessive.

Perhaps my comment should have been in purple as well, but I tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.... :D
    If you hadn't gathered from previous posts on the forum, I'm a cop too.

Besides, we both know the real answer involves a 5 second ride on an X26. :cool:

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    You own a apartment bldg that has 5 ground floor units. It has parking spaces right in front of the units.
    A intoxicated older male is in one of those parking spaces throwing rocks and beer bottles at the apartments and breaks a window. He is yelling and cursing at you while you are inside your apartment. You come out to see whats going on. The drunk is still in the parking space and threatens you with a broken beer bottle in his hand. You have already called 911. He half-heartedly comes at you with the broken beer bottle in his hand. He is so drunk that all you have to due is move out of the way.
    Would you shoot him or wait for the police?
    I will tell you what happened after I get some replies to this real life scenario.

Uh, wait for the police. Why would you potentially kill someone unless it was necessary?

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Warning shots are a great thing. My first round in the mag is always a blank, to guarantee a warning shot.

^^^Purple! :D

Top Bottom