What would you start with..... Brit moved to the US!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Midwest - Rent No - but you can handle models they have in stock that Kodiak & Range USA may not have
    Just a pet peeve: you're and your are not interchangeable. YOUR is possessive; something belongs to something else. YOU'RE is a contraction of YOU ARE. Example: YOUR signature implies that you are not paying attention what YOU'RE typing.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For plinking purposes - a nice Ruger 10/22 rifle or SR-22 pistol in .22 long rifle is an excellent choice.

For hiking or outdoor activity - a nice .357 magnum revolver would be great - a Ruger GP100 or a Smith & Wesson Model 66 or 686 would serve you just fine and would also double as a nice home and personal defense revolver.

If home or personal defense is your need, a Glock 19 or Model 45 would be an excellent choice in a 9mm pistol that is relatively simple to learn safely and use.

Suggestion - go to a range where you can rent a few guns and try them out before purchasing...or meet up with a few people from INGO in your area and shoot a few of their pistols. The more you learn, the more you know when you go to purchase (like, dislike, etc.)

Best of luck...and take the time to enjoy the new sport!!! Woot!!!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    As a new owner and not wanting to break the bank it'd be hard to not take a look at the CZ P10. They're selling now for under $400 new. Only downsides are extra mags can be spendy and limited on aftermarket sights.

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    Just a pet peeve: you're and your are not interchangeable. YOUR is possessive; something belongs to something else. YOU'RE is a contraction of YOU ARE. Example: YOUR signature implies that you are not paying attention what YOU'RE typing.
    Hey! Just a pet peeve: Leave the man alone and quit being a Karen.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Good evening you fine people on this forum!
    I have been in the USA for 6 years now and I am just in the position that I can now buy open up the flood gates of what I can see being a new hobby.
    This week I have completed my application for the License to Carry Permit (even though maybe more optional now) and will be looking at buying my first Hand Gun.
    So what would you go for first (without breaking the bank)???
    A 22lr is great and affordable for getting into the gun world. The FN 502, p322, or glock 44 are all great pistols. Id rent some at a range like range usa or indy arms and feel it out.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I mean to be a true American REQUIRES at least one 1911 in gods caliber.
    I second the motion. Shooting a few boxes through even one of the cheaper 1911s gives you a whole new perspective. How can something with so much muzzle blast have such a pussycat of a recoil? It's a secret between God and JMB.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Welcome to your new American home. You certainly chose a gun friendly state to move to as well.
    There are so many variables to choose from and YOUR tastes may certainly change as you experience different models/calibers.
    Best of luck to you sir.

Top Bottom