• Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Maybe this can be an update thread.

Kodiak shut down the ranges "until further notice, with no timeline available" according to their webpage.

What the heck is taking so long? What are they doing?

I didn't believe they were raided or any of the other stories. Still don't. So are they remodeling they range? Doing away with the shoot house?

I follow them on FB and see the gun shop is up and going but a little info would be nice.

I shoot mostly at the SJCRC but when I don't have time for the trip and/or it's raining or snowing, I like to shoot there because it's about a 7 min drive.

Any info from those who know?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So i had to go to Wal-Mart for something and headed to over to Kodiak afterwards. Guy behind the counter said the are removing the funhouse and moving all of the steel to the regular range so high powered rifles can be used. (Up to 300 win mag) They are doing the move with 2 guys every Wednesday. That's what is taking so long. Should be done by the end of September.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    From what I understand, Kodiak was sold to a new owner. Not sure what is taking them so **mn long. Maybe only one guy doing the work?

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    From what I understand, Kodiak was sold to a new owner. Not sure what is taking them so **mn long. Maybe only one guy doing the work?

Heck INGO could probably get a working party to move all this stuff at once with the proper motivation, maybe a few free range passes here and there. I'd help move some steel in order to use rifles there.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Guy I spoke to didn't give any update on the range, so I appreciate the insight regarding the changes. I did find out (the hard way) that they bumped the transfer fee to $30, though. I really liked the $20 rate, but I guess I would rather have a indoor range that can handle regular rifle rounds over the $10 savings. Just hope they don't bump the range fee.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Guy I spoke to didn't give any update on the range, so I appreciate the insight regarding the changes. I did find out (the hard way) that they bumped the transfer fee to $30, though. I really liked the $20 rate, but I guess I would rather have a indoor range that can handle regular rifle rounds over the $10 savings. Just hope they don't bump the range fee.

Send me a PM and I will put you in touch with a guy in Elkhart that does transfers for $10.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I actually just spoke with a guy monday evening who works with them from time to time. He mentioned they are remodeling the range, but that the shop is still open. He said he was on this forum daily so perhaps he will chime in with more info.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    ATF raided them over their steel plates. Seems that the steel plates were flattened out by a roller on the bottom instead of the ATF mandated roller on the top...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    An INGOer spoke to them at the South Bend gun show a few weeks ago. The only update was no more steel targets but adding archery lane(s).

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I talked to a guy for there Sunday at the Elkhart show. They are working on getting it back up and going. They even had people at the range working on it Sunday according to what the guy said.. The guy showed me a picture on his phone of the shop. It looked pretty good.

Top Bottom