• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i have seen posts relating to 1911 triggers in the form of " nothing compares to a 1911 trigger" and things of that sort. is a 1911 trigger that good? whats good about it? whats it like? i shot a 1911 once a long time ago before i started getting into guns and i didnt pay attention to the trigger pull because i really didnt care for firearms the way i do now.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    it tends to be a shorter, lighter and more even pull. none of this 2 stage stuff on glocks or 18 lbs of pull like on DA guns.

It is way easier to shoot a SA pistol than any other. ymmv

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    'cause it's got a 1911 wrapped all around it.
    It's a smooth single action, that does the same thing over and over without varying.
    You know what it's going to do everytime the same way

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Because a trigger pull that weighs less than the gun you are holding is a good thing.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Because no other semi auto trigger has so little take up, overtravel, or resets faster. And being able to install short, med. or long triggers means you can fit the gun to almost any hand size.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    The 1911's trigger is capable of VERY good characteristics because of its fundamental design and characterisitics. As mentioned above it is "straight back" meaning the trigger bows move straight back to engage the disconector and then sear. Pulling the trigger is only performing a few functions compared to many other semi auto designs (see animation bellow). This means that geometrically it tends to be easier to pull cleanly without disrupting a good sight picture.

a PROPERLY tuned 1911 trigger is capable of a VERY clean and light break which results in the shooter achieving a surprise break. Of course an improperly tuned 1911 trigger is a dangerous thing! Trigger/Sear/Hammer geometry are critical and should only be tuned by someone qualified.

I say with no pride that I am a "trigger snob" not because I am that good but because I need all the help I can get! For me a 1911 tuned well is one of the better trigger systems I know of. Others are the fabled Python in single action and I shoot a HK P7 trigger fairly well.

There are certainly other "Great" triggers out there but JMB came up with one of the better ideas!

1911%20action.gif

forthehousew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    indy
    series 70 versus 80

I have an old Commander and a new one, both trigger pulls are stock and seem about the same. What should I notice between the series 80 and the original?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Its not just the trigger on a well tuned 1911 that is awesome! Whats not to love? They are beautiful in high gloss blue, dead sexy in stainless steel, and pretty tough looking in any of the flat color options that I have seen. Even a pink powder coated 1911 with Hello Kitty grips would look intimidating from the business end.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    i have seen posts relating to 1911 triggers in the form of " nothing compares to a 1911 trigger" and things of that sort. is a 1911 trigger that good? whats good about it? whats it like? i shot a 1911 once a long time ago before i started getting into guns and i didnt pay attention to the trigger pull because i really didnt care for firearms the way i do now.

Because it's more like a finely tuned rifle trigger than what a normal handgun trigger is perceived as.

Not all are alike, and sometimes it can take a few bucks to get to that point.

It's mostly about having a very very small amount of travel and reset, instead of having a 2-stage like trigger where you have to take up a mile of slack.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I use to wonder that too, until I shot one this weekend. The trigger is so smooth the weight is awesome and it has such little recoil. I shot a bit better with it than my glock 23 afterwards. Needless to say I really want one now. Let the saving begin!

Top Bottom