• What's the best lube?

• Total voters

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I used either FP-10 or its descendant, WeaponShield when I need a light liquid lube/CLP (like on the bolt and carrier of ARs).

I used Kellube when I need something a little thicker (like on pistolas that get shot frequently).

When I need a grease, it's TW25B. When I carry 1911 or Paras, that's what is on them.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Some people were jaded by the problems of the early batches of the stuff. Froglube that is.

My question is, do people not use fire clean? Haven't seen it around or talked about lately. That stuff was slated as some kinda miracle cure for keeping ar's clean.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Early on I used Rem oil, until a snowy 10 below shoot in Michigan with my son. Being a light weight oil it baked off instantly, letting the melting snow rust my AR QUICKLY overnight. I bounced around for a bit trying this and that, but my fav theses days is SLIP 2000. The best? Not sure. But it works great for me. I was sent a little test tube of something called Snake Oil Prime I'm now testing, good lube but seems the viscosity is a bit off, it liquefys and runs out all over everything.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have never used any Froglube but I have heard many people swear they'll never use it again after having it turn into a sticky gunk after a while.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Earlier batches of frog lube were criticized because of it spoiling/going bad. That issue was supposedly fixed.

Now, frog lube, after it's been applied, is supposed to be completely wiped off or it will turn sticky.

Two problems arise from frog lube.

One, when applied, if it spreads to internals before you can wipe off the excess, how do you wipe the excess off the internals? I've heard of it gumming up the works and slowing actions.

Two, it is NOT good in cold weather.

This picture is borrowed from a fellow on another forum named Mystro.

This is frog lube after 2 hours in a freezer at 20 degrees. It turned to wax, and hardened. What will it do to your guns action?

FLFAIL.jpg

Top Bottom