• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Been doing some shifting around, and have finally settled on my "long gun plan".

As I see it I have 3 needs for non-rimfire rifles, + a shotgun.

1. HD: 16" Suppressed AR
    2. Sport: 20" DMR style AR
    3. Hunting: 20" 458 Socom AR upper
    4. Shotgun: FN SLP Mark 1

Those 4 guns, solve my "rifle issues".

What are your "Rifle Issues" and how have you planned on solving them?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    That's a nice setup, very functional! I have a variety of rifles that serve me no purpose other than to have fun and shoot. A couple others are for hunting and or defense. My list changes based on what I enjoy at that time.

Last edited:

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    That looks like a solid group of long guns. I have a few that are my goto's for certain tasks:

Long-Distance-Social-Work = Savage 110 Tactical in .308
    Medium-Distance-Social-Work = Fulton Shorty AR/Ruger Mini-14(s)
    Target/Training = Fulton .22LR Upper for Armalite 20" AR
    Up-Close-Social Work = Mossberg 590

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My plan? To own as many as I can. One never knows what might happen, for example I have several dangerous game rifles in case rogue elephants from Circus City run rampant through my neighborhood. Likewise zombie locusts can be dispatched with shotshells from my smoothbore Remington 572. I was a Boy Scout and believe in being prepared!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If I hit the lottery my plan would be to simply buy one of each in every caliber. After that, I'd intend to update the collection each year as new models came out.

In my real life collection though things are a little bit different. I like the idea of having one of each style.

For example, I own the following:

Single shot
    semi suto
    lever action
    bolt action
    pump action

With that kind of inventory I have plenty of choices for going to the range. I can chose something for shooting fast up close, maybe shooting slow really really far away, maybe shooting far away fast, maybe making a single shot at 500 yards and calling it good. Maybe, I want to feel like a cowboy and take out the iron sighted lever action.

My plan is to try them all and enjoy it as much as I can while I'm still young enough to do so.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Well with everything from 22 rimfire up through .458 caliber heavies I figure I am set for anything. To be honest most people would be set with a 22, a .30 cal, and a shotgun. These will handle just about anything in CONUS.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have a shtf weapon system; one sks with enough mags to wield 100 rnds and a 9mm with enough mags to wield 40 rnds and a load bearing vest to carry all! I have a grand total of 1800 rnds locked up for emergencey.

That system makes me feel safe. however, I do have my eyes set on a the colt m-4! She would complete life!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a .308 Bolt gun and a cheap .22 semi auto, just picked up a 5.56 AR. Next will be a S&W 15-22 to setup identically to the 5.56 for cheap training purposes.

The plan after that will be mags/ammo/soft cases, etc.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have quite a few Mosins, I figure I won't be doing any longer range shooting than what they will handle. I have a few AKs, for everything else. I really want a 10/22, but I'm debating getting one of those, or a nice bolt action .22. When I have a .22 that I'm happy with, I'll have it pretty well covered.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    A few shotguns for hunting and home defense.
    A .22 for target plinking and small game.
    A couple of .223s for medium range stuff.
    I still need a decent .30 cal variant for longer range/bigger game.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If I were forced to sell all and acquire the most minimal long guns possible that I would have to live with forever I (currently) would decide on the following. I like my Colt 20" HBAR tack driver for all my 5.56/.223 needs out to 400 yards. I get at least 4MOA (more like 2-3) with my .22 conversion in it, and that would fulfill my .22 rim fire needs and it only adds the weight of the conversion kit. My dream is to acquire a 6.5 Grendel upper for it to fulfill the "up to 1000 meters" niche and allow me to be anti-social and effective in high power competition out to 1000 meters. (I'm actually more looking at the generic 264 LBC that shoots 6.5 G)
    That results in only 2 barrels to thread and have suppressors for.
    Oh yeah, a converted Saiga 12 HAS to be in my future.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    My plan is a with my M1A. I own a Loaded National Match. It has a SS NM barrel and NM trigger. I have ordered my NM Spring Guide, NM Piston, Shim kit and a Troy Industry's MCS.

With the MCS I am running a Leupold Mk3 10x40, Troy Midevil Muzzle Break, Magpul MBUS, and once I have another few $100 I will buy a 45 degree mount and a small red dot all on a NM rifle.

Gives me a long range tactical semiautomatic that's capable of CQB.

Top Bottom