• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    FLETC NLTA (Sims) Instructor in July; Rangemaster IDC and Advanced Instructor, and Phil Singleton AR15/MP5 Instructor in August; FLETC Active Shooter Threat Instructor, Presscheck Consulting Pistol, and Sayoc Tactical Group Law Enforcement Instructor Course in September...will put me at 12 classes for 2018, with a few more to go.

I've done the FLETC Active Shooter instructor course. It was pretty good; very similar to the ALERT stuff.

I signed up some of my guys the the Sims class, but I don't think we got anyone into it.

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    On 8/18, I am teaching a new class titled "Standing Your Ground". Afterwards, Dr. Sherman House is teaching his "Hemorrhage Arrest Control" class; so, I get to play teacher and student that day.

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Jlw, I've done a bunch of the FLETC classes. Hard to beat in terms of bang for the buck. Firearms Instructor, Advanced Pistol, Advanced Pistol Instructor, Basic Tac Med Instructor...all free, including ammo, food, lodging, training uniforms, and a free IFAK. No complaints here.

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    Jlw, I've done a bunch of the FLETC classes. Hard to beat in terms of bang for the buck. Firearms Instructor, Advanced Pistol, Advanced Pistol Instructor, Basic Tac Med Instructor...all free, including ammo, food, lodging, training uniforms, and a free IFAK. No complaints here.

I've done the TacMed instructor, Active Shooter instructor and Use of Force Instructor (great class) plus an IA investigations class thourgh FLETC. I've been accepted into the Firearms Instructor class twice only have the first cancelled due to a hurricane (Glynnco) and one due to the most recent government shutdown (Artesia). I was actually in TX getting gas when I received the second cancellation email.

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    I've done the TacMed instructor, Active Shooter instructor and Use of Force Instructor (great class) plus an IA investigations class thourgh FLETC. I've been accepted into the Firearms Instructor class twice only have the first cancelled due to a hurricane (Glynnco) and one due to the most recent government shutdown (Artesia). I was actually in TX getting gas when I received the second cancellation email.

That sucks. I did FITP in Artesia, and the rest in Glynco. NLTA is in Charleston, which should be cool. Trying to get Use of Force next year, since all the subsidy money seems to be gone this year.

ETA: If you can get APTP (Advanced Pistol), do it. Excellent class. Best way to describe it is like a Rogers Shooting School, with tactics.

Last edited:

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    That sucks. I did FITP in Artesia, and the rest in Glynco. NLTA is in Charleston, which should be cool. Trying to get Use of Force next year, since all the subsidy money seems to be gone this year.

ETA: If you can get APTP (Advanced Pistol), do it. Excellent class. Best way to describe it is like a Rogers Shooting School, with tactics.

I'll keep an eye open for it.

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    2019 (so far):

Jan - Use of Force Instructor (FLETC)
    Feb - NRA LE Division Tactical Shooting Instructor
    Mar - Sentinel Concepts Carbine Essentials
    Apr - Presscheck Consulting No-Fail Pistol
    May- Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor
    Jun - Tap-Rack Tactical DMR
    Tap-Rack Tactical Pistol
    Jul - Talon Defense C4
    Nov - Presscheck Consulting Nightfighter

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    2019 (so far):

Jan - Use of Force Instructor (FLETC)
    Feb - NRA LE Division Tactical Shooting Instructor
    Mar - Sentinel Concepts Carbine Essentials
    Apr - Presscheck Consulting No-Fail Pistol
    May- Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor
    Jun - Tap-Rack Tactical DMR
    Tap-Rack Tactical Pistol
    Jul - Talon Defense C4
    Nov - Presscheck Consulting Nightfighter
    Hydrate:yesway:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Current 2019 schedule:

March -Level 2 Room clearing with Don Edwards

April - Pisol 1/2 with John Lovell

May - Shivworks ECQC

NICE! I was really wanting to do some night stuff with Lovell before he quit doing it (I'm hoping he'll start again soon) but I'm still wanting to train with him.
    I'm excited to hear what you think about ECQC I REALLY want to take that class. It's on my short list!

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    NICE! I was really wanting to do some night stuff with Lovell before he quit doing it (I'm hoping he'll start again soon) but I'm still wanting to train with him.
    I'm excited to hear what you think about ECQC I REALLY want to take that class. It's on my short list!

ECQC is a ton of fun. I recommend it. I will take it again.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Rounding out 2019 with two more classes. ~120 hours of structured training this year. Not as much as some, but more then others.

Sept. 14 -- SPR / DMR - Rock Castle Shooting Center, KY - Don Edwards
    Dec. 7 -- Weaponized Geometry (aka room clearing), Mtac, Kinetic Consulting (aka Jon Dufresne aka Mochabear-actual)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Rounding out 2019 with two more classes. ~120 hours of structured training this year. Not as much as some, but more then others.

Dec. 7 -- Weaponized Geometry (aka room clearing), Mtac, Kinetic Consulting (aka Jon Dufresne aka Mochabear-actual)

Covering both ends of the spectrum. Nice.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Working OT and side hustles to attend Point 1 Tactics 2 Day Hybrid Pistol Performance at Impact Shooting Center in Cleves, OH
    September 21st & 2nd

Hope to get a re schedule in with GM Max Bedwell before the winter. Had to cancel our first appointment due to car troubles.

Maybe Reveres Riders .223 in October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

Also just signed up for... Jun 11 , 2020 - The Tactical Games (https://www.recoilweb.com/happening-now-the-tactical-games-147491.html) Though its more of a shooting competition (2-gun meets spartan race, meets murph) , and should belong in that category.... but didnt want to create a new thread for just tha..., and Im going to have to adjust my training accordingly.

Guess my 35 YO mid life crisis is telling me I need to destroy my body to compete against some of these folks.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Also just signed up for... Jun 11 , 2020 - The Tactical Games (https://www.recoilweb.com/happening-now-the-tactical-games-147491.html) Though its more of a shooting competition (2-gun meets spartan race, meets murph) , and should belong in that category.... but didnt want to create a new thread for just tha..., and Im going to have to adjust my training accordingly.

Guess my 35 YO mid life crisis is telling me I need to destroy my body to compete against some of these folks.

WOW, that looks fun! Looking at that event is a real eye opener for me. My first thought isn't how fun it would be. My first thought is that I would probably have a cardiac event. I've been so sedentary in the last couple years I wouldn't trust my health to doing something like that without training up for a year. I have to make changes! I hate to see something like that and KNOW I'm in no shape to consider it in my current condition.

I would sign up thinking it was a midlife crisis thing to do only to find out "midlife" for me was 25 years ago and this was an end of life crisis. :-)

Top Bottom