• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would be interested to see how many other snubby owners there are here. Here is my S&W 642. I have speed strips instead of Speed loaders now.
    100_0133.JPG

1. I picked up one today at Cabela that I ordered online b/c someone here told me they were selling them for $299.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, no leather but IDDC wants to know who is a Snubbie owner…I forgot to put my Ruger Alaskan 44 magnum which is also a snubbie…
    gxF8pqJ.jpg

I often carry a snubbie as I far prefer a revolver to a pistol…

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    a couple....

2mg0bjp.jpg

Obviously a man who can git 'er done with a six-gun!

Looks like quite a few single-action too! Love those single action, albeit in a fight you might need a New York reload and you've got quite a few New York reloads on hand. Patton originally had one Colt SAA. He bought a second SAA after he tangled with Pancho Villa's boys in 1914 when he realized it could take a while to reload. He gave one of them to an actor he admired after WWI for having entertained troops during the war and replaced it in 1935 with a .357 S&W Registered Magnum (went into his left holster). He had numerous pistols (such as the M1908 .380 Pocket Hammerless he shot at a German fighter with) but his favorite was always the .45 Colt SAA and his second favorite was the DA .357 magnum.

John

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    OK, no leather but IDDC wants to know who is a Snubbie owner…I forgot to put my Ruger Alaskan 44 magnum which is also a snubbie…
    gxF8pqJ.jpg

Some very nice lookers! Not a snubbie owner/user and probably won't be. I prefer open carry for revolvers enabling 4" to 5-1/2" barrels. For concealed it's a small pistol that is easier to deep conceal.

John

219Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2014
    NWI
    gxF8pqJ.jpg

Impressive collection. Which one sees the most carry time?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Ruger Blackhawk 5-1/2 inch (Artillery length) barrel chambered in .45 Long Colt with Altamont rosewood grip.

36174459166_2928096b23_b.jpg

The Altamont rosewood grips are thicker than the OEM Ruger plastic grips (they also make slim grips) and the revolver feels much better in my hand now.

John

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

Ruger Blackhawk 5-1/2 inch (Artillery length) barrel chambered in .45 Long Colt with Altamont rosewood grip.

36174459166_2928096b23_b.jpg

The Altamont rosewood grips are thicker than the OEM Ruger plastic grips (they also make slim grips) and the revolver feels much better in my hand now.

John

:yesway:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Model 19-8 that I just picked up in the classifieds. Came with the original box. I think I'll put a set of Hogues on her. They fit my hand better.

smith19-8.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Model 19-8 that I just picked up in the classifieds. Came with the original box. I think I'll put a set of Hogues on her. They fit my hand better.
    I saw this, but it was too far away for me to work out the logistics before someone closer could get it. Congratulations on a NICE pick-up!! I have a 19-5 that I got from our own INGO classifieds, and it's a keeper... the one you got looks like an outstanding example, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I went with Altamont grips on mine, and love the look and feel of it now. Still have the original Magna grips that are in perfect condition (but didn't feel right in my hand), and like you, the original matching box it came in as well.

IMG_2603.JPG

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Nice, Hopper. If I have a set of round butt magnas, I might try them on mine. I like the low-profile fit of the magnas because I have short fingers and if the stocks are too stout, I have a bit of trouble reaching the trigger comfortably.

Top Bottom