When the four rules are not enough or "squib happens"..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If the government runs away from me on the 19th, I intend to. I hope he has Ale 8 too.

I'll hook you up the next time I am at Kroger...Bottles or cans???

My mother in law from Argentina loves that stuff and the last conversation we have before she hops on the plane to head up is "Get me that Kentucky Ginger Ale por favor...."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hey, uh, I heard Ale-8-One up thread. Where is this magical shop of indiucky's? I've only seen ale-8-one in, well, Kentucky.
    And I think it might help to retrospect, are our problems with the four rules or Kirk personally? I don't want to see anybody get the hammer arguing over semantics.

Kroger carries it here in Clarksville......

I don't want to see anyone get the hammer over a beater K 22 and a squib load.....

I like Kirk's sense of humor and the way he delivers it....I figure Kirk's kind of like Monty Python humor....You either get it or you don't...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'll have to make my way down to your shop sometime. I'll have to get some cash first though because I'm not driving two hours to go home empty handed :spend:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll have to make my way down to your shop sometime. I'll have to get some cash first though because I'm not driving two hours to go home empty handed :spend:
    It's worth the drive just for the conversation. Cash is good, but the best thing to bring is a couple of hours of spare time. :)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    And I think it might help to retrospect, are our problems with the four rules or Kirk personally?
    IMHO, the 4 rules are absolutely good rules and primarily should always be followed. That being said, I, like Cooper himself, recognize that there are some very closely controlled circumstances in which exceptions to the rules not only can be made, but they can safely be made. The times in which those circumstances present themselves is a short list, and appropriate precautions must be followed. That doesn't negate the rules, or make them any less important, but Kirk is so emotionally attached to the issue that you would think we were suggesting just pitching all the rules out the window and having a free-for-all.

Kirk takes a more literal approach to the rules. He argues that there are never any exceptions, and remarkably, this thread is the first time he has EVER to my knowledge admitted that there are any exceptions to the rules. Why he has had a sudden change of heart I do not know. I simply disagree slightly with his interpretation of the rules. When disagreement between grown, mature adults, are not uncommon, yet they generally aren't a major issue, we all disagree from time to time. The problem is that Kirk can't just disagree with somebody, he must insult them, and put them down as an inferior person in order to "drive his point home". This baffles me, he certainly didn't act that way when he was a new member here, he used to be respectful and polite. Something has changed in him over the years. I mainly take issue with the fact that Kirk must take every single chance he gets to put down anybody that disagrees with his strict interpretation of the rules (even more strict than Cooper himself).

Top Bottom