Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    dRAW

A couple of thoughts:

1) Training is a must, and force on force training will open your eyes a bunch.

2) If I am concerned that a gun fight is going to start my gun will be in my hand. I have a pretty good draw but I am not going to wait until the action starts to draw. The best place for your gun when you need it is in your hands.

3) Practice is important. You are not armed because you have a gun anymore than you are a musician because you own a guitar. (hope I got that right Col.Cooper)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The way I see it, If I'm drawing I'm shooting. And this happens as soon as I legitimately think I need to do that to protect myself or another.

If they turn and run away before I actually start shooting, they probably just lucked out because I'm not going to shoot someone while they're running away, UNLESS they're still a legitimate threat to SOMEBODY in the immediate area.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You're absolutely correct. I was actually considering looking for some courses. I realized being militarily trained is not at all the same as carrying in the civilian world, plus I've been out since '93 and just gotten into guns more in the past two years. I really have no experience defensively carrying handguns.

Thanks for the advice.

Training coming to Seymour. Look under the training section.

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    It is mentioned above to take some courses that help to train you for "shoot" situaitons and how to handle the situation. Where do I go about finding these courses? I am also relatively new at cc and am looking to become more sure of myself.

I notice a couple listed here... is there any clubs or courses anyone has had some good expirience with?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    It is mentioned above to take some courses that help to train you for "shoot" situaitons and how to handle the situation. Where do I go about finding these courses? I am also relatively new at cc and am looking to become more sure of myself.

I notice a couple listed here... is there any clubs or courses anyone has had some good expirience with?

Mindset Lab | Real Training + Real Testing Is an INGO sponsor. I cant remember which member runs it, but Im sure someone will be able to tell you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Course listings can be found here: Tactics and Training - INGunOwners

If you'd like, start a thread in that forum telling everyone what kind of training you're looking for, and we can point you in the right direction.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Work on your situational awareness too so that you can possibly identify a threat and avoid it prior to the situation escalateing to the point of lethal force.

ZgGlock88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Indyish
    that's something you'll have to answer for yourself if god forbid the situation ever presents itself where lethal force is needed but if the individual has a weapon like a gun they now have shown the intent and now have the opportunity to used it in that case id shoot to kill

Top Bottom