• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The fellas at Bradis while I picked up some new sights for the G19.

I'll be stopping in at Bob's shop today, to put my birthday present on layaway. So, here's my preemptive (predictive) post about seeing OC there.

(But more importantly: new gun. Woot!)

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Texas Corral in Martinsville. The good-young man with toddler in stroller and another hanging on to daddy(opposite side of firearm). The bad-floppy fabric holster being held by a thin, loose belt.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    a few days ago I saw a younger kid OCing on his motorcycle, without a helmet. While his preparedness for self defense was good, his preparedness for avoiding injury was poor.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    a few days ago I saw a younger kid OCing on his motorcycle, without a helmet. While his preparedness for self defense was good, his preparedness for avoiding injury was poor.

I often wonder about people priorities when I see people who carry a gun for protection but don't wear their seatbelt in their car.Pretty much the same thing.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

I often wonder about people priorities when I see people who carry a gun for protection but don't wear their seatbelt in their car.Pretty much the same thing.
    It's called liberty and freedom.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    It's called liberty and freedom.

Whether CC'ing (my usual) or OC'ing (unusual for me), I usually wear my seatbelt so that I have the liberty and freedom to have a better chance of maintaining awareness and ability to act after a crash.

But, that's my choice, and I see both sides in the seatbelt argument. I don't buy the "public health" argument that a non-belted driver is more likely to cause medical bills that someone else might have to pay. That's exactly the kind of argument that can be used to justify any kind of restriction imposed by our all-knowing "betters" based on "what is good for you."

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Whether CC'ing (my usual) or OC'ing (unusual for me), I usually wear my seatbelt so that I have the liberty and freedom to have a better chance of maintaining awareness and ability to act after a crash.

But, that's my choice, and I see both sides in the seatbelt argument. I don't buy the "public health" argument that a non-belted driver is more likely to cause medical bills that someone else might have to pay. That's exactly the kind of argument that can be used to justify any kind of restriction imposed by our all-knowing "betters" based on "what is good for you."
    I wear my seatbelt and I use my helmet when riding. As long as there not infringing on my liberty and freedom I give 2 :poop: what someone else does with their liberty and freedom.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Yesterday, Saturday April 23, 2016 around mid day. Corydon, Indiana was a guy walking out of Tractor Supply.

Later I spotted a lady checking out in the garden center at Cox's in Brandenburg, Kentucky.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Young guy with his wife/girlfriend/sister at petsmart in Avon buying dog food. Had on an orange sweatshirt that was pulled up over his IWB handgun.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    At The Container Store in Clearwater Crossing (north side of Indy) I saw a gentleman about 55 OCing a beautiful silver 1911 in a beautiful custom made leather belt holster. Lee jeans and a 10 gallon hat. I thought for a minute I was in TX.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At The Container Store in Clearwater Crossing (north side of Indy) I saw a gentleman about 55 OCing a beautiful silver 1911 in a beautiful custom made leather belt holster. Lee jeans and a 10 gallon hat. I thought for a minute I was in TX.

Barbecue rig!

Top Bottom