• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    That’s a rather bad synopsis of his life, considering he was put in a concentration camp from’38 to ‘45
    Agreed but he wasn't the only one. Erwin Lutzer's book "Hitler's Cross" is a pretty comprehensive study of how Hitler leveraged the German churches in his rise to power then along with his other enemies he rounded up any pastors who finally saw what was happening and spoke out against him. Many who've studied the rise of the German Nazi party are familiar with Dietrich Bonhoeffer who was an early outspoken critic of Hitler and subsequently one of the first to be imprisoned which is when many of the others finally realized they had been used as political pawns.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Agreed but he wasn't the only one. Erwin Lutzer's book "Hitler's Cross" is a pretty comprehensive study of how Hitler leveraged the German churches in his rise to power then along with his other enemies he rounded up any pastors who finally saw what was happening and spoke out against him. Many who've studied the rise of the German Nazi party are familiar with Dietrich Bonhoeffer who was an early outspoken critic of Hitler and subsequently one of the first to be imprisoned which is when many of the others finally realized they had been used as political pawns.

A very good read.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Where do I make a stand?

In defense of freedom.

That's a rather generic answer, I know, but it has a key word in it that I think sums up what most conservatives feel, or I think should feel.
    What I feel, anyway...

Defense. = Any, and all actions I take will be defensive in nature. I'm a retired old cripple for one thing, but I'm also a patriot.
    Soap box comes first.
    Ballot box comes second.
    Ammo box doesn't come in until last... and we ain't there yet.
    When we do get there, it's for (in my opinion) "defense of freedom", not "aggression against tyranny".
    Small difference you may say, but it's the same difference you would say in court when you have to use deadly force to protect your life.
    You shoot to "stop the threat" not "kill the bad guy".
    I'll defend my home, and keep it free. I'll attack no one... ever.
    Think of it like "civil disobedience". You just don't do what they say, if what they say goes against the law.
    The real law... (U.S. Constitution) not their new made up plague dictates.

So... basically, I'm just gonna live my life as a free man, (because I am) then defend myself when someone tells me I can't.
    As long as we all do that... we win. (I think)

I'm still worried things will go horribly wrong, but that's my plan.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I think the odds of non-violent resolution are long based on the entirety of recorded human history but certainly not unattainable. It is odd to me that the species with the highest capacity for reason is seemingly incapable of applying it when it's most beneficial. I also think this is the rationale of anyone who voices support for the concept of a 'national divorce' also known as a defined path for amicable state secession. How is this not unlike the pre-Revolutionary War history in which one side wishes simply to be free of tyranny and left alone while the other side will stop at nothing to maintain it's control over an unwilling population? If men as brilliant as our founding fathers saw no other path to attainment than having to resort to armed conflict and the inevitable loss of life in pursuit of a greater purpose then I'm not so arrogant to think myself wiser than they. However, it is not the reason of the just which prevents peaceful dissolution but rather the unreasonable intransigence of the wicked oppressor which necessitates resorting to violence.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was hoping to get advice on locations for selling lemonade in this thread.

NOpe. Just another lousy covid thread :(

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Where is the middle ground when you are dealing with indoctrinated commies from California that sleep with Chinese spies and threaten Americans with nuclear devices?
    Imagine a line...on the right is total freedom ( anarchy ) on the left total control ( communism ) the middle of the line was where we started 240 odd years ago. Everytime we compromise, the middle moves more towards the left....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, what does your country look like during and after you "take it back"?

.....and why do I get a mental picture of the partitioning of India?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, what does your country look like during and after you "take it back"?

.....and why do I get a mental picture of the partitioning of India?
    After hearing Flynn's speeches, I would say more like the Handmaid's Tale.

That man is calling for a full theocracy. The irony would be that the theocracy would be run by a non-Christian.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    After hearing Flynn's speeches, I would say more like the Handmaid's Tale.

That man is calling for a full theocracy. The irony would be that the theocracy would be run by a non-Christian.
    So....Pakistan.

I'd agree. I can only see freedom being reduced in such (unlikely) event.

Top Bottom