• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Gas stations, WalMarts, Golden Corral in Greenwood almost every trip, in my hotel on occasion.. Seems like I see an OCer at least once a month if not more

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    GREAT Job bub....

I was at the mall in Clarksville this afternoon (no I was not going in the mall) to get a tool at Sears. There was a couple entering the mall entrance just in front of me when they were stopped by the mall security and told they could not enter as the male was OCing. He argued with the guard that he could OC anywhere in the state of IN. I decided to go a few feet further and "window shop" to see what would happen. A LEO showed up (my guess is they were already called) and explained to the male that the mall did not allow handguns and even though the state allowed it the mall did not. He grumbled and then left. As the LEO walked past me I told him to stay safe and he said that with idiots like that it was a challenge. He then said to me that some people felt the law did not apply to them and only someone else. He told me to be safe myself and left. I did not tell him that I would be safe a sI was CCing the whole time. It is called concealed for a reason

I was in the same area Tuesday around Noon or so. My Son + I had business at the Chase bank in that same lot, just next to the Sears Auto Center.

Was in the bank for probably 20 min. (Long Line..) and no one bothered us at all. One customer behind us made a nice comment about the Black Justin CB Boots that I had on, and that was about it.

Did not get any comment about the Glock 19, in a CrossBreed on my right, or the two Glock 17 Mags on my left side---The lightweight vest that I usually wear covered them up...HA. HA..I know of NO better way to carry a SD weapon AND a BOX (50 rounds) of ammo....

I like it that way==NO PROBLEMS....Bill.

MY BAD...This is an OPEN carry thread:
    The most I see around Indy East Side/Hancock County is a the Greenfield Wal-Mart....

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Wal mart and bass pro and 9 times out of 10 it's in a ****ty ill fitting uncle mijes holster.

I was at Cabela's the evening of "Black Friday" a few weeks ago.

I got 4 photos of the Stupid Carry. Crappy guns in Crappy Holsters "suspended" by crappy belts.

woodstock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    Sullivan
    Walmart in Sullivan is where I have saw open carry the most although I haven't noticed people doing it that often. Other than that the most common place I have noticed open carriers is in restaurants.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I don't count gun store employees or LEO because it would be a surprise not to see OC with them, but the multitudes of gun owners in east central IN must believe in CC overwhelmingly, because I only have ever seen one OC, and that was in Prairie Creek Pawn in Muncie only this year, an old guy who said he had a prosthetic leg, carrying a a Smith & Wesson M&P .45 in a high quality leather holster.
    For some reason, he was stuck on finding a round called a "Pow'R Ball" for his bear protection gun that he had at home, an S&W model 29.
    I kept trying to explain to him that probably the most effective bullet for that would be either a hard cast semi-wadcutter of at least 240 grains, but he was stuck on that gimmick bullet designed to basically fragment on impact, so I just gave up.
    It's just not worth aggravating some people, however wrong they may be about a certain subject.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom