• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have yet to see an OCer in the Fort since my son left for Marine OCS. He was young and brash, as any aspiring Marine would be, and was eager to demonstrate that men with firearms were not one of nature's greatest threats. He had a couple of interesting experiences/conversations based on his commitment to OC. He subsequently moved to Pensacola, where OC is illegal, and now resides in North Carolina where it is legal, common, and accepted.

Back in the Fort, though, I remain a CCer. Just too much hassle when one OCs. It seems most here agree with CC as the best option. I have discovered that many are carrying, far more than I expected. Perhaps that is a contributing factor to the fact that most folks around here are polite and courteous. Of course, that fact that we used to be called The City of Churches may also be a contributing factor.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The mirror. :): Other than that I don't see a lot of it. I've seen it a time or two at walmart, a few times at gas stations, a restaurant or two, etc. I don't see it very often, but then again I'm not looking. I pay attention to how people act, not what is around their waist.

I see armed people at the Beech Grove Wal-Mart off I465 at Emerson the most. I don't know why there and not other places I frequent, but I do.

Could it be it's the place you frequent with the most people? Not being a smartass.

As the LEO walked past me I told him to stay safe and he said that with idiots like that it was a challenge.

Why would it be a challenge to stay safe with open carriers? Was the guy acting threatening or aggressive?

For some reason, he was stuck on finding a round called a "Pow'R Ball" for his bear protection gun that he had at home, an S&W model 29. I kept trying to explain to him that probably the most effective bullet for that would be either a hard cast semi-wadcutter of at least 240 grains, but he was stuck on that gimmick bullet designed to basically fragment on impact, so I just gave up.
    It's just not worth aggravating some people, however wrong they may be about a certain subject.

While a hard cast semi-wadcutter would probably be a better choice for bear, Pow'R Ball, isn't meant to fragment. If anything it's designed for deeper penetration. But mainly it's intended to help feeding in semi-autos, especially picky ones. I don't see much reason to use them in a revolver though, except perhaps in the winter because due to it's design it's less likely to plug if the target is wearing heavy clothes like a standard hollow point and act as a fmj, but then it might start expanding too soon. Or of course you are in NJ or another place that prohibits hollow points.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    :hijack:

I was at the Chapel the other day before they were open, sitting on a couch in a corner using the free Wi-Fi, when the USAF Chaplain arrived. As he started making some coffee, he remarked to another chapel employee, "Man, it's too cold out there. This weather is only good for the Marines!" I chuckled, thinking it was his way of making a slick remark to me since we hadn't greeted yet. But it turned out he hadn't known I was there when he made the remark.

Back on topic…
    Yeah there's a ton of OC going on 'round these parts.

Looks like these threads are still active, too, about a related topic.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...3-where-did-you-oc-today-thread-part-2-a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...efense/108732-where-did-you-see-oc-today.html

bradbler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Freetown
    sometimes at Walmart. I only open carry if I'm just going down the street to the gas station or around the house just because it comfortable. but I live in a small town so its safer I feel

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    I usually OC in Fort Wayne and Ligonier all the time save when i have on a hoodie. Have been for 12 years no issues no stops. CC in malls and movies. But i did see a guy in a Gas Station in Wolf Lake with a drop leg on, beard, cargo pants the whole sha-bang just missing the rifle im sure it was in the car. I think it was a Beretta 92. Not sure if it was his EDC or just got done at the range.

Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    Rural king, last time I was there was was a small woman in her early twenties with cowboy boots and a rugar black hawk on her side. Kind of sexy really lol

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Saw a guy at rural king on thanksgiving with size 32 waist and size 48 gut oc'ing a hipiont c9 in the uncle mikes holster. The belt was around his stomach though. Dang gun just dangling in midair a good 8 inches from his pants pocket. Strangest thing I saw all year.

Top Bottom