Where should I buy a 1911 and which one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    In that budget, you are going to be hard pressed to beat SPrigfield Loaded model. Either that or try to find a used TRP.

Just personal opinion from a fella thats run more 1911s than I should, but the Kimbers are not at all what they used to be, and are not worth the price they command.

Someone mentioned Remington R1, thats not a bad option at all.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    In that budget, you are going to be hard pressed to beat SPrigfield Loaded model. Either that or try to find a used TRP.

Just personal opinion from a fella thats run more 1911s than I should, but the Kimbers are not at all what they used to be, and are not worth the price they command.

Someone mentioned Remington R1, thats not a bad option at all.

^^^ This

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Try out PSS they had over 15 models of 1911 in the case and several were easily in your price range. Good luck and post some picks when u get it.

ultrabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    morristown in
    best prices are at shooters supply plainfield

i bought my remington 1911 r1 enhanced at shooters supply for 779.00 best prices around and usually has a good selection also Highsmiths in Greenfield has a good selection right now.They had a Ruger 1911 for 750.00 a couple of days ago. Good people but some times a little high on prices got a nice range

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've got a metro arms american classic II that I love. It cost me well under what they are going for now, and the prices seem to keep rising. It's a fantastic shooter. :)

netlander10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    One of mine in that.price range is a SIG 1911 rtss. It has the traditional slide came with adj. night sights too. I picked it up for 860.00. I like it better than my led Baker. It is my avatar on here.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I just picked up my first 1911 a few months ago from Bradis. I went with a Springfield Loaded and could not be more pleases. I did almost go with a Sig, and that is probably what I will pick up next time, or possible the Remington Enhanced.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just picked up my first 1911 a few months ago from Bradis. I went with a Springfield Loaded and could not be more pleases. I did almost go with a Sig, and that is probably what I will pick up next time, or possible the Remington Enhanced.

Shoot a TRP Tactical operator and you may change your mind.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I actually am thinking today after looking at a sig that I am going to go that route like other people. What is a decent price on a (seemingly standard) nitron with rosewood grips and night sights? 5" model. Seems like the model I more than likely will go with.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I actually am thinking today after looking at a sig that I am going to go that route like other people. What is a decent price on a (seemingly standard) nitron with rosewood grips and night sights? 5" model. Seems like the model I more than likely will go with.

I just saw a CT model for 1200 but they are usually high

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012

I think 869 but it might not be the exact model

Top Bottom