• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Palmetto state armory has had a ton of deals on complete rifles, complete parts kit minus lower, uppers, etc. Most are flat top but you can pick up a detachable carry handle sight for about $30. I'm not sure on their warranty though.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Buy whatever, they're all the same, parts is parts, they're all made in the same place, put together by the same monkeys, there is no difference between a Daniel Defense, and an I.O. So take your pick...

apply purple if needed!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I didn't forget. I don't care. I could really care less that Troy hired someone you don't like. They're a US business, and their products are made here. They support our economy and employ families that live here in the US. They make a good product for a reasonable price. I'll continue supporting them.

How quickly we forget. Troy will never get another dollar from me.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Sorry, but at the OP's price point, this should not be a deciding factor. Emphasis should be on getting a high quality, reliable rifle. Likely, most will outshoot him or his son accuracy wise, and they'll surely be accurate enough for his stated uses. When they improve and/or shoot out the barrel, they can easily install a new barrel.

Would depend on whether the dad or the lad wanted to go with chrome lined barrels or not. I know a lot of companies are choosing Melonite/Nitriding to bring the cost down. I myself bought a pistol upper from PSA that was nitrided just to have a a cheap truck gun. There is just not enough info from the OP as to what the gun will be used for to help.

Top Bottom