• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    I just read all 31 pages of this thread, and I still don't want to own a Humvee.
    I think it's cool that others do though. :)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I just removed all the old reflectors off of the trailer, took it to mikes express to power wash it, and it's all set for paint in the morning. Standby for awesome.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    here is my big girl who is going up for sale now! will be terrible to see her go! if interested let me know! i will be letting her go below blue book.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Why are you selling it?

i am a defence contractor out of Crane naval station just south of Bloomington. i took a training job here last year but have to go back overseas now and deploy for a while. i just regestered it this year when i realized my BMW was not going to survive the winters here. new paint, new seats, new road armor and a new transmission and within 10 months i get the word i am going back over! its time to get small again!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    i am a defence contractor out of Crane naval station just south of Bloomington. i took a training job here last year but have to go back overseas now and deploy for a while. i just regestered it this year when i realized my BMW was not going to survive the winters here. new paint, new seats, new road armor and a new transmission and within 10 months i get the word i am going back over! its time to get small again!

Why not find somebody to take care of it for a while?

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Why not find somebody to take care of it for a while?

a deployment for me is normally a minimum of 1 year. it will most likely be 2 or more. the last one was a 4 year stint and without family in the area it is a large favor to ask of a friend to hold on to something this big.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    a deployment for me is normally a minimum of 1 year. it will most likely be 2 or more. the last one was a 4 year stint and without family in the area it is a large favor to ask of a friend to hold on to something this big.

If I had the garage, I would keep it...

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    yes thats the problem, finding someone with a big enough garage to keep a big girl like that is tough around here! most of my friends have a 2 or 3 car garage and just dont have room.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I kinda skimmed through this thread, but I just have to say great job vitamink! It looks awesome! I've always sorta wanted an HMMV for myself just for kicks and giggles.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If u get one, buy an external heater or you'll freeze your ass off in this weather... Nobody felt like sharing that with me.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If u get one, buy an external heater or you'll freeze your ass off in this weather... Nobody felt like sharing that with me.

Thanks, but the chances of me ever actually getting one are very miniscule. But thanks for the advice! :)

A house we drive by a lot used to have an HMMV sitting out front and it was painted dark blue. I always thought it looked awesome.

Top Bottom