• ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The control box…
    I'm torn between painting it and leaving it tan. If i leave it tan i get to keep the labels. If i paint it, i have to strip them. Thoughts?

attachment.php

Tape over the labels?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Thank you much. Chances are I won't be there as that's just where it's being stored while my house is getting built. I'm sure my Dad will show you around though if I'm not there.

I think I'm going to write the company and get labels. That way I can strip it down, remove the switches and protective bars, then sand and paint. I'm sure it's overkill, but that's the way I am.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'm at training currently so I don't have access to a computer to upload pictures. Here is a video of the Humvee in pitch black with just the IR lights going. Notice the rear IR turn signal lights, the IR driving light, then the IR lightbar lights. I can't take video or pictures of the 6 100watt hid lights going as my camera can't handle it. If you've seen raiders of the lost ark, the scene where they open the ark and faces get melted is an accurate depiction of what happens when I turn the HIDs on.

[video=youtube_share;q3vN8syin4I]http://youtu.be/q3vN8syin4I[/video]

giphy.gif

this second video is the same as the first without the NVGs... At the end I put the camera back over the NVGs and you again see all the IR goodness.

[video=youtube_share;siJveLctO6Y]http://youtu.be/siJveLctO6Y[/video]

obviously I'm not sneaking up on anyone as you'd hear that loud ass engine. I guess Maybe if someone was stupid enough and assumed the sound was someone shaking a coffee can full of nuts and bolts...

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    No problem. Its on the west side near Avon currently. It will be on the S/E side once Casa de K gets finished here in June. Do you know how hard it is to find a custom home builder willing to make a "rape dungeon"? Answer: not that hard if you call it an "oversized well". You're welcome for that tidbit of info.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm going to take a second and ThreadJack this...

Anybody know where to buy a decent m715 kaiser jeep?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    there was one recently on the craigslist and i keep seeing them on the ebays. The one on the C list was in great shape it appeared

Top Bottom