• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Yaeger probably isn't a bad guy. I just don't agree with him about a lot of things, which is fine. If I was choosing to take a class, I'd probably take it with someone else, though, not because I disagree with his opinions, but rather, I think that there are other instructors with better and more relevant experience for teaching marksmanship to someone like me, who is not a soldier (anymore) or a police officer.

As long as I'm on the defensive end of using a firearm, I think that the best way to teach and learn is to focus on shooting as a pure skill, and to worry about things like mindset on my own. A good instructor need only help me acquire the skills necessary to defend myself--the willingness is on me.

+1; very well said, and reflects my opinion -- Grizhicks

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    There was one moment where I was pissed off at an instructor because he kicked me to get me moving off the X. Not a hard kick, but a kick in the butt to get my butt moving. But I learned to move after that. It was what I needed, not what I liked.

Great point. It's not always what we like that we learn from. Some of my best teachers - i hated at the time! LOL!

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I watched his two part "active shooter" videos and wanted my wife to watch. I normally don't watch them around her because she is offended by the kind of language he uses.

I told her why i wanted her to watch and that he loves the f-bomb but listen to the substance of what he's saying and not necessarily the adjectives he chooses. She liked what he said, it made sense, and it spurred a further conversation that in the past would have been shut down by her that we should turn the other cheek.

She actually laughed at his sound effects - "boooyyyyyeeee" and "Shooop!" I'd love to take a class with him. Not sure my wife could handle a few days worth of his f-bombs though.

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I really fail to see how you guys can hug James's nuts soo hard when he does **** like throw out a challenge to a duel random stangers because they called him naughty names on the internet.

Regnar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Knox
    Some are posers.
    Some have been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and survived.
    Question is, which are you?

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I've trained with James, Arron and Jay in Camden. Great training without a doubt. James was a blast he is funny and explains the why as well as the how. His training was not "you have to buy my ****" like another trainers classes. Jame's was the first class I took outside of an 11 year Army career but not the only one I have taken since. I don't think there is a better place to train than TR for my money. If you don't like him or for some reason are hung up on what another dude wears like a high school chick, then don't go. I really doubt he cares that you aren't there.

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Amazing how things vanish like that

Picture1_zps1c198519.png

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Amazing how things vanish like that

It's a rule here on INGO that discussion of "civil war", "fighting the goverment", or "armed resistance" is disallowed, as INGO won't play host to such discussions. As such, I didn't post Yeager's videos that spoke on such topics. It's for this reasons that any posts or videos that included the same were also removed. Yours certainly wasn't the only one.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Some are posers.
    Some have been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and survived.
    Question is, which are you?

It's amazing the "posers" that are featured on a monthly basis in the "Armed Citizen Column" in "American Rifleman" magazine though isn't it??? Why I bet some of those folks had never even been to Band Camp much less a Firearms Training School...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom