• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Of all the video's he has, I've never seen him shoot a standard drill, COF, maybe his own standards, or something that gives me a indication of his skill with a firearms. Usually involves a timer,distance and a standard target with known target zones. I'm sure he has them, just never seen it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't know the guy personally, therefore I can not say that I like him or not. I will say he comes off as being very cocky. Something I don't want in an instructor/trainer. I have dealt with cocky people all my life. I would not take one of his classes unless I got a chance to meet him first, to see if that's really how he is. Or if it's just a show for the camera.

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I don't know the guy personally, therefore I can not say that I like him or not. I will say he comes off as being very cocky. Something I don't want in an instructor/trainer. I have dealt with cocky people all my life. I would not take one of his classes unless I got a chance to meet him first, to see if that's really how he is. Or if it's just a show for the camera.

I know he is close for you guys down south, but there are instructors out there with more resume, who travel, and are super nice guys who you don't have to guess if you'll be getting jekkl or hyde when you show up to the firing line. Generally when someone says" I own my own bid'ness bc I have a ****ing attitude problem" ,I take their word for it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I had the opportunity to shoot with a gentleman this weekend who spoke positively about TR and Yeager. He said Yeager is different in class then on You Tube and thought he does an excellent job. This is the opinion of a law enforcement professional who is an superb shooter and has a lot of experience. The person I spoke with felt a lot of what Yeager says online might be to generate controversy. No such thing as bad publicity.

If TR comes back to Indiana I will try my best to make it to a class.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I had the opportunity to shoot with a gentleman this weekend who spoke positively about TR and Yeager. He said Yeager is different in class then on You Tube and thought he does an excellent job. This is the opinion of a law enforcement professional who is an superb shooter and has a lot of experience. The person I spoke with felt a lot of what Yeager says online might be to generate controversy. No such thing as bad publicity.

If TR comes back to Indiana I will try my best to make it to a class.

Pretty much the same opinion I have gotten from others who have actually taken classes there. Great instruction and amazing hospitality.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Lots of other videos out there, done by other training & gun companies, with a cameraman down range. Actually happens alot in the firearms industry.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Easy, watch some of the shooting shows that are out there now.
    Also check out some of the pics in Small Arms Review magazine, many of those were done by Jim Brown of Bremen IN, Jim shoots lots of pics from "downrange".
    As I come across vids of others I'll send you a link....

Working in the firearms industry as I do, I've seen downrange photography done alot. Actually will post some of my own product videos soon, with some scenes shot from downrange.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Also check out some of the pics in Small Arms Review magazine, many of those were done by Jim Brown of Bremen IN, Jim shoots lots of pics from "downrange".

Thanks, but first please provide the links to the one's you mentioned this time.

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina

Working in the firearms industry as I do, I've seen downrange photography done alot. Actually will post some of my own product videos soon, with some scenes shot from downrange.

Look out, industry person here!

Giving me a name of some guy with some magazine really dose nothing as far as defending the practice. It also fails to addreass the point I made in which having a live cameraman downrange made a lot of people, and rightly sooo, write off James from any further consideration in training.

Lot's of media pubs and trainers use remote cameras. That's the responsible thing to do.

But please, tell about how certain people train for the real word where da street dont have a down range. I've never heard that one before:D

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I actually have no knowledge of what James Yeager did concerning having a cameraman downrange.
    But as I said, working in the industry, I've seen it done many times.
    Not something I'm here to debate because it in fact happens alot.
    That doesn't mean it's not done safely or in a unprofessional manner.
    Sorta like the overhead fire that is done during combat training, you only get one chance to do it right, screw up and your done.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... working in the industry, I've seen it done many times.
    Not something I'm here to debate because it in fact happens alot.
    That doesn't mean it's not done safely or in a unprofessional manner.

It's up to you whether you choose back up your statement or not. Credibility is your choice.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Oh you got me.
    I made it all up.
    I've never seen any cameramen take shots from down range while the range is hot.
    I don't really work in the gun industry.
    I don't even own a gun.
    But I am about to have dinner with James Yeager & his wife at Giannettos in Mishawaka(14020 Cleveland rd) if anyone wants to stop by and see if I'm for real or not. You can even meet James and see what kind of person he is in person.
    Will be there for the next 1.5 hrs.
    Anyone is welcome

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    But I am about to have dinner with James Yeager & his wife at Giannettos in Mishawaka(14020 Cleveland rd) if anyone wants to stop by and see if I'm for real or not.

No thanks, I am having dinner with James and Rebecca tomorrow night. You could do me a favor, give James one of those new AK rails so he can bring it down to me tomorrow. :)

Again, you can be an internet poster asking questions from a guy that knows a guy that saw James in a you tube video, or you can show up and ask him your questions directly. James will be at 21st Century Firearms this Wednesday between 10:00 and noon.

Top Bottom