• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hmm...maybe I should sell my M44. I don't shoot it and I have a problem extracting the spent cartridge. Not sure if I want to invest the time to fix it, so it sits in my safe.

I'm pretty sure I need to rent a reamer and "clean" up the chamber.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    This.

How much 54r you sittin on Miller? I have enough for Kingdom Come and I refuse to stop buying it too! 440 rounds to my door for about $90.

Yes sir, I'll take 6 this week lol.

I buy a couple of crates each month, got a lot of Mosin's to feed. I also think it may someday get like 5.45x39, cheap when it's in stock, but big spans where there is none to be found.

Stack it high & deep. :yesway:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Hmm...maybe I should sell my M44. I don't shoot it and I have a problem extracting the spent cartridge. Not sure if I want to invest the time to fix it, so it sits in my safe.

12 gauge bore brush on a drill & some hoppes # 9 will clean it up just fine.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    Fall City still has those Polish M44s. I looked at them today. He has T-53s too, but a little more worn. There was also a K98 that looked like someone had polished metal parts. Also a nice Enfield Mk4.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    12 gauge bore brush on a drill & some hoppes # 9 will clean it up just fine.

Did that. Even did that with some Mother's polish. Stripped the bolt completely, cleaned it, boiled it, and polished it. Still no good. I can shoot it once and they I have to use a great amount of force to fully open the bolt and pull it back. When I get the casing out, there are deep scratches in the brass casing near the head.

I rubbed a Q-Tip around but it did not catch any fuzz but I suppose it might not if the metal was displaced but not sharp.

I am thinking of renting a reamer.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN

A proper cleaning is the place to start. If that fails you're extractor might be worn down. Not likely but you never know (someone might've dropped it at one point). Mosin charging systems are almost bullet proof and terribly overbuilt. You can always replace the bolt system with any other number of parts (like the extractor) and try that out.. they're dirt cheap.

I buy a couple of crates each month, got a lot of Mosin's to feed. I also think it may someday get like 5.45x39, cheap when it's in stock, but big spans where there is none to be found.

Stack it high & deep. :yesway:

Likewise. I try to buy at least 1 can a month.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Hey Tom and miller, where are you finding the 54r so cheap? All I've found is ammoman at 249 shipped for 880.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Hey Tom and miller, where are you finding the 54r so cheap? All I've found is ammoman at 249 shipped for 880.

7.62x54r Silver Tip Ammo - 880 Rd / Case - Ammunition $190 880rd crate. $175 if you buy five. Looks like they have it in stock. SGAmmo looks to be out right now but seem to be listing more every couple days. When they list it it goes fast, check often, usually in the $150-$160 per crate range.

Top Bottom