• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    With kids, I can't stash, I just carry it on me or it's in the safe next to me while I sleep. I recently got the Tacti-Pac holster that allows me to carry concealed around my family and it feels nice. Being cooler now though I simply wear a jacket over it or a long sleeve shirt covers it if necessary (around the anti-gun GF).

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    When I am in the house for the evening or not planning to go out I usually wear sweats or "comfy pants" i.e. pajama pants. I like to be comfortable. Wearing a gun belt around the house seems impractical and slipping a heavy gun into a pocket on those would also be impractical. As much as I try to make myself carry one from room to room, I don't always do it. Having had several run ins with Mr. Murphy in my life I have come to expect him to rear his ugly head when I least expect it. I guess I will have to go shopping.

Ankle holsters work well with sweatpants or pajamas.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Several years back, when I made the choice to start carrying at ALL times, ie, around the house, I had to rethink my "chillin on the couch" wardrobe. I now have several pairs of cargo shorts that I only wear at home, just so I can carry my edc in the same manner I carry everywhere else (pocket carry).

I have also taken as many steps as I can to safeguard my home, or at least buy myself a few extra seconds, in the event of a kick in the door type attack.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    When I am in the house for the evening or not planning to go out I usually wear sweats or "comfy pants" i.e. pajama pants. I like to be comfortable. Wearing a gun belt around the house seems impractical and slipping a heavy gun into a pocket on those would also be impractical. As much as I try to make myself carry one from room to room, I don't always do it. Having had several run ins with Mr. Murphy in my life I have come to expect him to rear his ugly head when I least expect it. I guess I will have to go shopping.

Amazon.com: New Black Concealed Belly Band Holster Medium Size for Waist 30" to 38": Sports & Outdoors

Those work really well when you don't have supportive clothing available.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    We keep a couple of surprises stashed. Shotgun, couple of "ready to deploy" handguns. You can carry around the house, but I also like the sweats approach, and without a real belt it's a little tough. When I'm solo, keep a G21 on the reading table with my computer, and feel well prepared. I also keep my cell phone within reach, and my cordless home phone. (sometimes cell phone is in my pocket of my flannel shirt. My wife looks at me strange when I have too much firepower staged ready to go. No, not paranoid, just prepared.(during power outs, severe storms, etc keep my BOB gear good to go.) We are rural homeowners, takes about 20 mins for average law enforcement to arrive, so we "keep our own" handy. Good luck.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I knew someone that had secret compartments hidden in the paneling beside his TV chair and behind false molding on the wall in another room. I am sure he had other hidey-holes that I didn't know about. He was never far from a firearm of some kind. However, he was retired and didn't have kids around the house.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka

I've taken to using a shoulder holster for evening/weekend carry. Works well and my sweats don't crash to the floor!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I used to laugh at my "crazy paranoid" friend rhino for saying he carried all the time at home. :rolleyes: Guess what?
    It's possible there's a BUG or BFG sprinkled about too? :dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't stash. I carry.

Seriously. I don't want to go hunting for a firearm when I need one. I'd rather just reach for it. So, it is part of my routine to get dressed, and stays on until I go to bed. But, unlike some, I don't wear sweats or PJs around the house. I also have a little one running around, so don't leave too much dangerous stuff lying about.

I suppose the shotgun is "stashed" (easily accessible), and the other handguns are "stashed" in a quick-access safe.

nebulous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Indianapolis
    One thing to keep in mind is that even if you don't have kids around the house, a relative or neighbor's kid may come over and there could be a risk of a kid finding a gun lying around. I know many people would say that in their particular situation that would never happen, but what situation involving an accidental shooting is ever anticipated? Everyone has the right to keep guns in the home, but we all must be vigilant to make sure they do not get into the hands of unsupervised children, even in unanticipated circumstances.

Guns in the home proving deadly for kids

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    One thing to keep in mind is that even if you don't have kids around the house, a relative or neighbor's kid may come over and there could be a risk of a kid finding a gun lying around. I know many people would say that in their particular situation that would never happen, but what situation involving an accidental shooting is ever anticipated? Everyone has the right to keep guns in the home, but we all must be vigilant to make sure they do not get into the hands of unsupervised children, even in unanticipated circumstances.

Guns in the home proving deadly for kids

Article seems to be an antigun persons dream, c'mon more likely than heart disease, asking about the temp of hot water heaters.......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't stash. I carry.

Seriously. I don't want to go hunting for a firearm when I need one. I'd rather just reach for it. So, it is part of my routine to get dressed, and stays on until I go to bed. But, unlike some, I don't wear sweats or PJs around the house. I also have a little one running around, so don't leave too much dangerous stuff lying about.

I suppose the shotgun is "stashed" (easily accessible), and the other handguns are "stashed" in a quick-access safe.

I am one of those comfy around the house guys but my son is always armed. I am withing reach of something about anywhere in the house. Even a few baseball bats (my preferred HD weapon) are close by.

Top Bottom