WHOO HOO!!! Ruger listened! LC9S Pro without thumb safety or mag disconnect!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Love my sr9c trigger. Great gun.

I am doubtful I'll trade my Kahr cw9 for the new Ruger just because I love the simplicity of it. Also love the trigger for cc. Can't wait to check one out though. You never know I'm a huge Ruger fan and they been killing it lately.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yes I use a holster. But I would hot carry any gun with a light trigger without a safety.
    Please explain some people's hatred for a safety on a carry gun.
    I just thought you were saying you only wanted the safety so you could carry it in the pocket. I guess I assumed you meant with no holster, my bad.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Yes I use a holster. But I would hot carry any gun with a light trigger without a safety.
    Please explain some people's hatred for a safety on a carry gun.

1. It isn't necessary if you're following all the gun safety rules.
    2. Fine motor control diminishes severely under stress.
    3. See above.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    1. It isn't necessary if you're following all the gun safety rules.
    2. Fine motor control diminishes severely under stress.
    3. See above.
    I could be wrong but just feel if you always know your safety is on and you train that way it becomes second nature and should not be a problem. And I also follow all the gun safety rules but have found over fifty years anything built by man can malfunction. Just my :twocents:

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I would not mind if they would make it accessible to leftys like me! The safety has kept the LC9 off my personal list as it was easy enough to get hit on and then I have no easy way to turn it off in any real situation where I'd need it. This trigger might be too light for me to pocket carry myself, but as a belt gun it might be on my list now.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    The wife had a choice on Thursday between the Shield, LC9S, and a Rock River 1911 in 9mm. While I was pushing for the Shield she went with the LC9S and the Rock River. For $325.00 new it's definitely a very affordable pistol regardless of your budget. We haven't shot it yet but it definitely has a pretty good feel to it and is easily concealed.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The wife had a choice on Thursday between the Shield, LC9S, and a Rock River 1911 in 9mm. While I was pushing for the Shield she went with the LC9S and the Rock River. For $325.00 new it's definitely a very affordable pistol regardless of your budget. We haven't shot it yet but it definitely has a pretty good feel to it and is easily concealed.

How much did the rock river set you back?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    The Rock River was $510.00 plus tax. It had been in the case for six months and the shop owner let it go for cost. It ended up being $890.00 out the door for both. It helped eased the fear of telling the wife I bought a Sig earlier that morning.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The Rock River was $510.00 plus tax. It had been in the case for six months and the shop owner let it go for cost. It ended up being $890.00 out the door for both. It helped eased the fear of telling the wife I bought a Sig earlier that morning.

I want to see pics of this rock river for $510. If that's what it really is then you stole it.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Won't matter much. Even though there's really good small frame single stack 9's already on the market, Glock will sell a ton of their version simply because of [STRIKE]the cult following[/STRIKE] their demonstrated ability to produce reliable defensive firearms.

FTFY :yesway:

Top Bottom