• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Still have to deal with a poorly designed grip safety. Plus the lightweight polymer frame gives the gun little to reciprocate against if not held properly. Can't comment on the quality of the magazines as I have not seen them.

I am still learning about 1911s. But I figuring out a lot of the perception about them being unreliable is directly related to either the magazines or the extractor. Biggest problem is there is no OEM 1911 magazine per se.
    Although I am aware that there have been some that have had a problem if not held properly I have not personally had that problem.

I ran the 3.3" version previously without issue and so far the new 4.0 I picked up has not been a problem. Which is understandable in my case because both versions use basically the same frame and magazine.

I'm not really aware of any major issues concerning the magazines.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Although I am aware that there have been some that have had a problem if not held properly I have not personally had that problem.

I ran the 3.3" version previously without issue and so far the new 4.0 I picked up has not been a problem. Which is understandable in my case because both versions use basically the same frame and magazine.

I'm not really aware of any major issues concerning the magazines.

The 4" XDs in 9mm peaks my interest. At the very least the concept is cool. Good to hear you like the 45.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The 4" XDs in 9mm peaks my interest. At the very least the concept is cool. Good to hear you like the 45.
    Yeah, some people prefer the XDs in 9mm for the few extra rounds capacity and that's cool by me. I'm a .45 guy and always have been.

I have also been a big revolver fanatic in the distant past so I kind of find the round capacity of 5+1( 6 total rds.) with the regular mag and loaded chamber to be familiar plus I use the 7rd extended mags for reloads without the grip extensions so they carry better in a mag pouch.

I can reload much quicker with the XDs magazines than I ever could with a speedloader.

I'm no Jerry Miiculek, that's for sure. But then again who is? :D

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I regularly carry a Star M-45, single stack with 6rnd mag +1. Sort of like an old XD (but heavier). With two spare mags. in a concealment vest.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Back to the original question, the P220 Carry will clear a holster a little easier than the full size, being ~1/2 inch shorter. I do appreciate mine for this very reason and accuracy is still good.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've been carrying my sig pro 9mm primarily but did carry my P220 stainless elite carry last couple days in a bianchi leather IWB holster. Not too bad of a carry. Carries about the same as a full size Hk or full size 1911. That particular holster doesn't place my p220 deep down inside the waist though. It rides a little higher than I'm used to

Top Bottom