• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    When I go fishin I always catch somethin. might be a cold, fish, sunburn, or a buzz. I seem to catch a lot of those aluminum can fish along with the buzz. GOOD TIMES!!!!!!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    When I go fishin I always catch somethin. might be a cold, fish, sunburn, or a buzz. I seem to catch a lot of those aluminum can fish along with the buzz. GOOD TIMES!!!!!!
    Once My buddy and I caught more lures than fish. like 6 lures in one day. One was from a tree. wow... reading that back out loud makes me realize we kinda suck. lol

I actually caught a jig I lost the week prior.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some new fishing tackle. Pair of Crow Wing kayaks. 1080 Pro Angler Plus models. So far we love them. Although designed for small waters like those you find around the Crow Wing lakes in MN, an area I know well, they can handle rapids. I am no kayak expert, I have 40 years in canoes and about 40 minutes in kayaks (one of these) before I went through a class 2 rapids with it. I got wet and filled it with water but me, the kayak and fishing gear all came out right side up. Not bad. Three float trips later and about 8 hours in it, I love it.

232323232%7Ffp54365%3Enu%3D4548%3E98%3B%3E255%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3A48%3A%3A462346nu0mrj

Also, I have a bad shoulder and until it is fixed I can't drag around a ton of weight. At 9'2" long and only 49 pounds these things travel light, load easy and drag like a dream. Also with the flat stern it can stand on end to be stored in a vertical space and it ties down nice and tight in the truck bed. I can fit two of these, gear and a dog box in my F150 Super Crew with the short bed with the tailgate down.

I know this is a fishing thread but a healthy relationship is conducive to doing more fishing. When a canoeist and a kayaker enter into a relationship, it is easier for the canoe guy to learn kayaks then it is for the kayaker to learn canoes and team work. Plus now you can go drift off and fish alone and do what you want.................yes you are in a committed relationship BUT you are in separate boats!

Love those yaks. Is the square stern for motor mounting?

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Fished the retention pond last night with my 4 year old and the neighbor boy. I bet they caught 10 bluegill in 5 minutes. I snagged a couple good sized largemouths using an IKE-Con worm. The bass in my pond only hit on worms, no jigs/spinners/buzzbaits.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Finally got out again last evening for a little top water action. Caught a small bass, a couple bluegill and a crappie. The crappie was a complete surprise to me, I've never caught one at this particular pond in the four years I have fished it.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I was passing through Nashville and stopped at the Bass Pro Shop for the first time. It was a nice store. Bought myself my first spoon. It's a weedless spoon. I tried it out yesterday. I didn't catch anything but I love casting that spoon. The sun light really sparkles off it while in the air and there is a lot of movement while reeling it in.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Got a 5 day weekend due to plant shut down this coming week. Finally recovering from the chiggars I got when I went fishing Tuesday evening so I'm not constantly scratching now. Hopefully get the boat out a time or 2 and cleaning it is definitely on the schedule.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Sorry for your chiggers. I have them now. I got them Wednesday night fishing a pond in Kansas. I've never been bit by one that I can recall. I got them ALL over. Worst bugs EVER.
    But we were slaying the fish. I caught 13-14" crappie almost every cast using a little cleo spoon. My friend even caught a 3 pound cat on a spinner bait. Another friend caught a cat and when he reeled it in, a turtle was attached to the cat's tail. :) One of the best ponds I've ever fished. Had I known about the chiggers, I might have had some repellant. Ugh they itch...

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Love those yaks. Is the square stern for motor mounting?
    Yes. I have not done it yet but tomorrow I am going to test fit my smallest electric motor on one. It also allows you to store the boat standing up and frankly, it ties down nice in the truck too with stern tight up against the front wall of the bed.

Price is good too, $679 each then he took $50 off one for a scratch and another $30 off for buying two.

I may rig a transom to go between both boats, kind of an outrigger or mini catamaran then hang an electric on that. Gives me the option of having a more stable platform for a dog or more gear. I need to mock it up first.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Ugh they itch...

I was about ready to take a belt sander to my ankles and feet. Coworker told me about soaking my feet in warm water with Epsom salt and after drying applying clear finger nail polish over the bites to help kill the itch. It wasn't 100% but it did help.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    My friend with a cat caught on a spinner.
    RMEzddG.jpg

Myself with a crappie. This was about average for the day.
    FfMkDgf.jpg

Epsom salt soaks, Benadryl and hydrocortisone. Been working wonders. The itch is almost gone.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Caught two nice sized bass this evening, finally!!! I got rid of the braid and fluro on my reels. I'm downsizing. I put eight pound P-Line copolymer C-21. I had on a plastic worm with a weight and after four casts I reeled in nice sized bass. My worm was gone so I put on a blue plastic worm and on my third or fourth cast I reeled in another nice sized bass. After than no more fish. I tried a jig, rooster tail and plastic lizard but didn't get anything. I didn't even use my nice Shimano Chronarch. I took off the twelve pound tess mono of it and put on ten pound tess mono but figured I would stick with the spinning reel with the eight pound tess copolymer. No leaders either. It was nice not dealing with leaders or fluoro.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Wake up pussies

8 Smallies this morning, most between 1/2lb and 1.5lbs, all on light tackle so lots of action! 6 on slip bobber, 2 on roadrunner jig.

I might of caught more but I kept getting distracted with bird watching and a rather large Musky that was working the same stretch of river. When he made a run that went like a rocket across the entire width of the river in about 12" of water, I lost my focus on the Bass.

Top Bottom