• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Got out this weekend and hit up a nice old public pond on the outskirts of town. Was out Sunday and caught a few little 1 lb dudes. Nothing fancy required. They seemed to like the dark red curly tail culprit worms. Activity should be picking up soon!

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I had some time today to get my new Ride 115 out for the very first time. Had a nice life jacket and kayak paddle. Wow, nice and fun. I should be able to cruise and sneak up on bass. I did try standing in it and I could stand but getting down was not that easy. I didn't try to stand again. After standing once I think there might not be a need to stand. I didn't take any fishing equipment this time but I think I should be able to cast spinning rods nicely and maybe even my one baitcaster while sitting down. Also grabbing the fish/lipping should be a tone easier since I'm already sitting near water level. So from my first experience, it's going to be fun fishing from it sitting down.

Oh, and the wind starting to blow and I had to paddle against the wind. I got a big workout doing that. Yeah, note to myself - Don't kayak in the wind!

Also, I did see some small fish swimming near a log near shore, maybe three inches or so is size. So I figure if the small fish are near shore the bass will be near shore soon too, maybe now.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Went fishing tonight. Got to Painter Ramp patoka lake around 7:45pm. Around 8pm I caught this bad boy. Was using Roadrunner jig on 8lb crappiemaxx high vis line. Must be my luck. I thought the jig was caught on some rock. But pull in a largemouth bass 4-5lbs. My first big bass ever. Left around 8:45pm.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Went fishing tonight. Got to Painter Ramp patoka lake around 7:45pm. Around 8pm I caught this bad boy. Was using Roadrunner jig on 8lb crappiemaxx high vis line. Must be my luck. I thought the jig was caught on some rock. But pull in a largemouth bass 4-5lbs. My first big bass ever. Left around 8:45pm.

Real nice fish, Brandon. The tail looks like it has been ready to spawn.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Thank you

I was wondering y it look rather redish. First I thought it might have bled or caught on something. But when I go to scrape it a little, nothing come off. I don't know fish. :)

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I pillaged a craigslist find for gear, as I've moved most of mine across state lines. Going to hit Patoka hard the next week or so in an attempt t catch the season swinging up.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nice fish Brandon, I caught a nice one in that area last year. It's pretty good since there many bass tournaments weigh-in there and release the fish back in over at that ramp.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I was all set to go fly fishing with my father and uncle at Camp Atterbury today but wind and fly fishing do not mix well. My 78 year old uncle pulled a mussel in his back and did not think he could fish, sitting in a boat for hours anyway. I took an Army cot and put it across the middle seat of the boat but he did not see much humor in it. I spent the day organizing and cleaning gear instead.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Had just packed up the kayaks to head home for dinner and decided to fish this little runoff pool below a dam. Thought I got stuck on the stump I was casting to.

923192_10152090828198528_7462974817162506380_n.jpg

Only bite I had in 4 hours of fishing, water is still high in my little honey hole.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was all set to go fly fishing with my father and uncle at Camp Atterbury today but wind and fly fishing do not mix well. My 78 year old uncle pulled a mussel in his back and did not think he could fish, sitting in a boat for hours anyway. I took an Army cot and put it across the middle seat of the boat but he did not see much humor in it. I spent the day organizing and cleaning gear instead.

It wasnt that bad fly fishing or atleast i didnt think so but Im just starting out.

I spent a total of 2 hours on friday, 6 on saturday and 10 on sunday fishing and caught 1 grass carp(6lbs), countless bluegills in the 6-10in range and 5 13in largemouth bass mostly on elk hair caddis and charteuse wooly buggers.

Im hoping this week to finally hit the white river and fall creek and get some wadding done.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It wasnt that bad fly fishing or atleast i didnt think so but Im just starting out.

I spent a total of 2 hours on friday, 6 on saturday and 10 on sunday fishing and caught 1 grass carp(6lbs), countless bluegills in the 6-10in range and 5 13in largemouth bass mostly on elk hair caddis and charteuse wooly buggers.

Im hoping this week to finally hit the white river and fall creek and get some wadding done.

Where are you catching carp on the fly? That is on my list this year.

I caught a couple largemouth Friday and Saturday on olive wooly buggers at a local pond. I'm not sure if the White will be low enough for wading by the weekend (at least by me). I've been out quite a few times this year, with the flows around 4.5' (Noblesville station), and I thought it was too high to get any fish to participate. It may have been because the water/air temps were so cold, but I couldn't get to some of the productive water.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Got 3 hours in yesterday. Between myself and a friend 16 Largemouth and 3 crappie. I call that a good day.

Top Bottom