• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    I've got this old (2nd gen circa 1994) Glock 23 that I have never been able to talk myself into trading off or selling. I had an XD at one time and held them side by side and low and behold the Glock still lives here.

I'm not super diehard Glock or anything; it's just been a keeper, I guess. I bought it probably 8 years ago used as a PD trade-in at a gunshow somewhere and I'm sure it has about a buzzillion rounds through it. Tons of holster wear, scuffs, nicks, who cares, still works.

I've never done anything to it until tonight - put some new TruGlo night sights on it. I feel like it has sprung back to life again...

So tell the group about your old Glock. I'm sure there are folks on here with an older, more storied Glock than mine.

Who's got the oldest Glock on INGO???

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have BX xxx US Glock-19, (Nov 1988), beat that boys and girls, and Shooter your the only man but me around here has handled my beater G-23. That puppy has been rode hard, & put away wet.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I've got a Gen 1 17 made in February 1988. I called Glock and they looked up the serial for me. Got it at Tactical Inc. in New Albany for $399. It's shot great for me and never had any problems.

IMG00149.jpg

IMG00279.jpg

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    while maybe not up to this threads standards, i have a glock 19 w/ almost 20,000 rounds through it. i am at 1700 rounds w/out a cleaning now and its still going strong. still has some mud in the front dovetail from where i threw it in a soggy muddy mess two years ago at an INGO shoot.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    G17 (gen2) bought 8/13/1993
    Used...
    Unknown round count, extractor was bad when I got it. Shop fixed it for free. (Blythes Valpo) I have put thousands of rounds down range with it of all kinds of ammo and never had an issue. It is also my wife's favorite gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hear Chuck Taylor rocks a really beat up old glock.

Off and on. It's been a while since I had a class with Chuck (he had just recovered from his parachuting accident) but he had a 1911 on.

He talked about the Glock he'd shot the snot out of. As well as told stories about his days being stationed in Indianapolis.

If you take a class from Uncle Chuck, bring a lawn chair.:D

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Gotta glock 17 2nd gen born in 1995 I like it better than any of my newer generation glock I dont want to ever part with it. There is something about a gun that you can beat up and look terrible and be ok with it.

Top Bottom