• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Not the oldest, probably, but sjstill has what is easily the most ragged-out Glock I've ever seen. And it still shoots.

This. The slide is more bare metal than black, and the grip has belt sanded notches for easy magazine removal.

That thing has had a hard life.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    i'm still waiting to see a picture of one with the frame duct taped back together...

last night when i posted my pics i was reminded by my wife about the time we were out for a hike several years ago and found a small cave. i was OC the glock. i emptied the chamber and crawled inside. crawled back out, went to rechamber a round and got that gritty sandy feeling in the slide. yuck!

long story short - it still works fine.

carry on!

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    My first Glock, a G21, is 20 years old, never needed warranty work either.

The Glock that won me over, a G17 owned by my Bro. He bought it 89 or 90? Was an LEO trade in and was old then and it still competes to this day.

God bless these ugly a** guns, they make all my other guns look good on their worst day.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My first Glock was a gen2 G23 that was from January 1996. I called Glock corporate and had them date it for me since it had no paperwork with it when I bought it. It had some holster wear on the slide and a couple scratches here and there but still functioned flawlessly. I recently traded it it for a gen3 G23 as I wanted the finger grooves for it after shooting a friend's that has the grooves.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I bought one of the first Glocks on the Gulf Coast waaay back in 1985, G17. Unfortunately, I didn't like it then and got rid of it soon after. My G19 I bought from a co-worker at a gun range in Tucson in 1994, beat to hell, shot who knows how many rounds through it. The black is gone off the slide and it's mostly silver these days, I've put at least 5,000 more rounds through it. My G23 dates from 1995 and this past summer I got a new Gen 3 G17 for a song.

YoungBlood21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Greenfield
    I just recently got into glocks but I love my Gen3 G23. I looked up the serial # on Glock Talk and mine was made in November of '08. So it is nowhere near as old as some of yours, in comparison mine is still a baby. haha

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I'll get a pic of mine tomorrow. 2nd Gen G22. Yeah, I'ts been through the wringer (blown up, thrown, "customized", etc), but it would likely be the last gun I'd ever get rid of.

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Good thing Glocks come with a one year warranty ...just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Both of mine are barely broken in by these standards. I'm looking forward to many (many) more decades of shooting. :yesway:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    As promised, Old Ugly;

PICT0171.jpg

PICT0172.jpg

PICT0173.jpg

PICT0174.jpg

I probably shouldn't mention the alloy 1911 frame I JBWelded back together...

Last edited:

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I bought my G17 new in 1988. I have an estimated 40K rounds (reloads) through this gun. To look at/handle the gun, it would appear as if it has seen little use. I replaced the plastic sights with Novaks, and have replaced the trigger bar spring about 3x. It has worn a Hogue Handall grip for many years. Just this year, to celebrate Glock's 25th, I have updated the gun with a new trigger, connector, ejector housing, recoil spring, extended slide release, and extended mag release. Still a great gun, and it's not for sale.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OMFG thats CUJO right there! Mine looks like a beauty queen compared, but you know what sj..........if it were mine, I would have them put it in the box with me someday for alien anthropologists to find.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    You guys ought to see him run it...it's like a conductor commanding a lead symphony...

"ting, ting, ting-ting-ting...ting-ting, ting, ting"

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    My gen 2 23 is from 96. Slight holster wear, but she runs great. It is my EDC, and also my first handgun. This one is a forever gun. Only things changed since I have owned it is it got a new firing pin and new springs.

-MColford

454comp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    my department issued glock 22 is a gen 2 with the post brady bill mags that say GOV/LE only

Top Bottom