Why are some law-enforcement against the Second Amendment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think I know why. One word. Lazy.

Without Constitutional Carry, No permit=you can has no gun. So that makes it less likely for an individual to be armed. And if the citizen DOES have a gun sans permit, its an easy arrest. Its immediately obvious who should and shouldnt have a gun based on a prescribed permission slip. Just like carrying your drivers license.

With CC, now "ANYONE" could have a gun. And if they do, now its up to the officer to figure out if its legal or not for them to have it. Its no longer defaulting to "no permit, no permission". Now the officer has to figure out "is this person prohibited?" on their own. Before they could assume "no permit, no gun=ride to jail". Not so cut and dried anymore, putting more burden on the officers and dispatch.

Granted most, if not all LEOs here disagree with that sentiment. Of course those here are the same ones who dont use the "officer safety" argument for disarming even under basic traffic infraction stops.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Every real cop I know supports constitutional carry. If they don't then I don't care to know them. It's the politician Leo's that don't. The ones grasping for title and power not the ones on the road actualy keeping us safe.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Every real cop I know supports constitutional carry. If they don't then I don't care to know them. It's the politician Leo's that don't. The ones grasping for title and power not the ones on the road actualy keeping us safe.

I think that's an important, and correct, distinction. The guys on the road don't have donors telling them how to lean.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thats not something I will ever agree on. Prison stays don't reform anyone.

You mean like when an inept, petty criminal from Mooresville went up the river for 10 years and came out as a skilled bank robber who rose to be Public Enemy #1? Ok that's not the kind of reform we're looking for...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thats not something I will ever agree on. Prison stays don't reform anyone.

So, let them out less than whole? I've only been a "guest" of a county jail twice and visited a prison once so I claim nothing but naïveté here... but some do come out reformed. They deserve their rights back. As for the others, don't let them out if they're not ready for the outside. And fix what's wrong on the inside so whole men and women come out.

/threadjack

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    According to Guy Relford, 86/92 elected Indiana County Sheriffs are against or had no position on HB 1159... Reflord skewered their arguments on WIBC earlier tonight. The ISA was invited to participate; didn't even respond to the invitation.

Yes, I consider them opposing 2A no matter what lip service they give it. The proof's in the pudding and they (along with several other LEO organizations) showed their true colors when releasing that position paper last Thursday.

Shame, shame on all of you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    According to Guy Relford, 86/92 elected Indiana County Sheriffs are against or had no position on HB 1159... Reflord skewered their arguments on WIBC earlier tonight. The ISA was invited to participate; didn't even respond to the invitation.

Yes, I consider them opposing 2A no matter what lip service they give it. The proof's in the pudding and they (along with several other LEO organizations) showed their true colors when releasing that position paper last Thursday.

Shame, shame on all of you.
    I wish we could find out who the six were that spoke against it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I've seen a metric crap-ton of arguments here, from treason to making someone's job easier to disrespect for the oath to disrespect for the people to disrespect for the Constitution itself.

IMHO, every one of those reasons has missed the mark.

The only person who surprises me by missing it is Leadeye, who has made the saying so ubiquitous as to be a sig line: Always follow the money.

Some percentage of the money from every LTCH goes to the agency that performs the background check for their training budget.

The agencies stand to stop bringing in money if Constitutional Carry passes and they no longer need to do those checks. How would you react if your boss wanted to make a change that would reduce your income, and asked your opinion?

Note that I don't agree with refusal to support, certainly not on those grounds, but I understand the likelihood that that is indeed the primary motivation behind the decision.

Oh... and treason is defined as making war against the United States or giving aid and comfort to her enemies. Only the very loosest reading of it would encompass the refusal to support Constitutional carry.

Considering that the penalty for that crime is death, I think the bar for it needs to be as highly set as possible. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've seen a metric crap-ton of arguments here, from treason to making someone's job easier to disrespect for the oath to disrespect for the people to disrespect for the Constitution itself.

IMHO, every one of those reasons has missed the mark.

The only person who surprises me by missing it is Leadeye, who has made the saying so ubiquitous as to be a sig line: Always follow the money.

Some percentage of the money from every LTCH goes to the agency that performs the background check for their training budget.

The agencies stand to stop bringing in money if Constitutional Carry passes and they no longer need to do those checks. How would you react if your boss wanted to make a change that would reduce your income, and asked your opinion?

Note that I don't agree with refusal to support, certainly not on those grounds, but I understand the likelihood that that is indeed the primary motivation behind the decision.

Oh... and treason is defined as making war against the United States or giving aid and comfort to her enemies. Only the very loosest reading of it would encompass the refusal to support Constitutional carry.

Considering that the penalty for that crime is death, I think the bar for it needs to be as highly set as possible. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Using the money angle in a few debates/discussions lately has been a positive for my arguments. So few see this.
    Those agencies and many others are revenue streams. They exist on the taxes they take from us so we can the 2-A rights we should have for free.

Top Bottom