• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    I own 2 XD's in .40 S&W. I have the 4" and the SC. I owned a G23 several years ago, and at the time I loved it. Shot well, no issues fairly easy to conceal etc. Then I found the XD. I had heard nothing but good about them. I handled one, and fell in love. I found it MUCH more comfortable in my hand than the Glock. As for reliability, I will say I would put it up against a Glock anyday. Almost 1000 rds through each, maybe more, and no issues at all. I did have a couple of FTE, however I am almost certain those were....well....shooter issues. Anyone else make the switch? How about pics of your XD's?

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Never bought a Glock in teh first place. I have shot multiple Glocks and have always preferred my three XDs. To me, the Glocks didn't feel as good and almost toyish. I know they are good guns and have shot well with them but have always preferred the feel of the XD.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The width/depth of the grip was a factor for me, as I have small hands. The XD just felt better in my hand, and I felt like I had a more natural reach to the controls.. it's been flawless for me..

I have an XD9sc bitone, btw..

picture.php

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have had multiple Glocks, and none ever felt right in my hand and I did not like hammerless. They were just uncomfortable. I always carried a 92fs or 1911. I picked up a couple of XD's a few weeks ago, and have been carrying a .45 tactical for 3 reasons:

1 I love the grip safety, just like a 1911
    2 It feels great in my hand
    3 High capacity

I never thought I would do a polymer pistol again until the XD came along.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    While I was waiting on my LTCH, I did A LOT of shopping. I started out looking at Glocks and after about the 3rd or 4th person telling me that the XD was the better of the two, I took notice. I liked the way they fit my hand and was actually going to go with the XDm and the day I purchased mine, the guys at PSS told me that if I was getting a carry gun, to go with the SC and I'm glad I listened.

It has functioned flawlessly. I REALLY like the grip safety as well. Some folk say they don't like them because they are too thick, but I got used to that pretty quickly. The only thing I had to change was to add the Pearce extension to the mag so my pinky finger didn't drift. Will I own another? When this one wears out.

picture.php

picture.php

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    If I have to pick a polymer $500ish handgun, wins hands down for me.

For what reason tradertator? Is it the name, the function, the fad, the comfort? I am just curious? As I said, I really liked shooting the glock I had, but as some others said, the grip just didn't feel good to me. I am much more comfortable with the XD. I am not knocking glock, just happier with XD

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Because the only Glock I have ever shot I didn't like. I'm not going to say I wont ever have one until I try a few others out. My future son in-law just got one so I'm going to try it soon.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I chose to have both. I have met very few firearms I didn't like and to me these two brands are exceptional. I think it's just personal preference.

Most of the bashing either way comes from people who always think they're right. They're probably not right but their mothers must've complimented them too much when they were young. :twocents:

Top Bottom