• billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Same Here..

I chose to have both. I have met very few firearms I didn't like and to me these two brands are exceptional. I think it's just personal preference.

Most of the bashing either way comes from people who always think they're right. They're probably not right but their mothers must've complimented them too much when they were young. :twocents:

+1
    In semi-autos, I have: Colt,Kimber,Springfield,Taurus-in .45acp. CZ's in 9MM, Glock in .40S&W+10MM. I just added a XD9 to my collection.
    I DO really like the XD---BUT---I like the others TOO..HA..Bill.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I am in the market for an XD because of the way it feels in my hand compared to a Glock. I also like to buy American goods from American owned companies whenever I can.

I think both makers know what they are doing, and make a good product, I just like the XD line better.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I bought a Glock 19 for $300 but didn't like the way it carried. I traded it for an XD 9 and didn't like the way it carried or the high "bore axes". While I loved the way both guns shot, they were way too wide/big for me to comfortably carry. I settled on a Ruger SR9c and am very pleased with my choice. I would have another Glock or Xd but only for range use.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I initially wanted a G-Lock. I didn't like the look or feel of them so I looked at the XD. I liked the look and the feel in my hand. So I bought it. I have shot it several times at the range and love it. I finally got to shoot a Glock and wasn't really all that impressed with the trigger.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Why did I choose XD over Glock? I didn't. I had an XD9 and XD45 and just didn't care for how they felt in my hand. Can't explain it, but it wasn't natural feeling like the Glocks. Both are good guns, but I'll stick with my Glocks. It's all about the feel and what you are comfortable with.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am in the market for an XD because of the way it feels in my hand compared to a Glock. I also like to buy American goods from American owned companies whenever I can.

I think both makers know what they are doing, and make a good product, I just like the XD line better.

There's a nice looking XD40SC in the classifieds. I saw it yesterday. Two-tone... Wish I had the money, cause it seems to be priced right.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I love it... so many Glock fans that are just not able to skip past this thread which doesn't pertain to them in any way. :):

I like the XDs, of course, but they are only one of several choices available that I would consider "over the glock". :D

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    BEWARE OF GLOCK TROLLS!!!

I love it... so many Glock fans that are just not able to skip past this thread which doesn't pertain to them in any way. :):

I like the XDs, of course, but they are only one of several choices available that I would consider "over the glock". :D

GlockTrolls.jpg

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I shot both a G19 and a XD 9 Tactical and the XD just felt so much better in my hands. I also shoot it really well. Combine that with a great deal and my choice was easy!

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I looked at a G27 and a XD40sc side by side at a gun show a few years back. When I pulled the glock up to aim the sights were way off. Did the same with the XD and the sights aligned much better with my hand/eye!

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    choosing between them is for those individuals who are just not fully commited to owning as many handguns as possible:D

I suggest you check your level of commitment to the movement.

I chose the XD because of reviews, how it felt and how it looked. But once I had the XD I know that I still wanted a Glock also. I don't have one yet but unless I die early, I will have one before it's over. It's just not currently at the top of my list.

I am kind of attracted to sweet looking handguns. IMHO the Glock certainly is not a "nice" looking gun it's just barebones and ordinary looking. However, I still would like to have one just to see whats it's all about.

Last edited:

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I love the way that the XD/XDm feels in the hand, but I can shoot my Glock better than the XD's that I have shot. But there are so many other handguns that I need to try that I might end up finding something I like more, which gives me a perfect reason to buy more :)

Top Bottom