• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, I have an 8 3/8" S&W 29/629 I might be willing to part with, if that extra 3/8" is what it takes to seal the deal!
    Think of it as an 8 inch "turned up to eleven." :@ya:
    I have a Taurus Raging Bull in .454Casull, and it wears an 8-3/8" ported barrel.
    Talk about a conversation starter.
    If people don't see me whip it out at the range, they all break their necks to look when it goes BOOM!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have a Taurus Raging Bull in .454Casull, and it wears an 8-3/8" ported barrel.
    If people don't see me whip it out at the range, they all break their necks to look when it goes BOOM!
    If turning heads is what you’re after grab your 460 or 500 s&w they are the kings

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    S&W 500 in 10.5 barrel

Because length doesn't matter, if you don't shoot a huge cartridge loading. Yes.

MSW500_170231_R.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Make this about her.

"See honey, the longer barrel makes the gun have less recoil. That way, I can load some lighter 44 Special loads and you can shoot it. It will also be more accurate so you'll hit what you're aiming at. The you can brag to your girlfriends that "I can handle the big magnum that my husband has!"

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis

PLEASE tell me you use the old line "Excuse me while I whip this out" when you do so!!!!

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Bought my wife a gun for Valentine's Day for the past 20 years or so. She knows each one. We generally buy what we want when we want. Live pretty conservatively and so large purchases (guns aren't large purchases) get talked over usually.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Bought my wife a gun for Valentine's Day for the past 20 years or so. She knows each one. We generally buy what we want when we want. Live pretty conservatively and so large purchases (guns aren't large purchases) get talked over usually.
    That is all it was about she makes more money than I do, and we had agreed that if making a purchase over 500 to let each other know. She rarely spends anything or herself If I don't get one before my birthday, she will get one for me. Really a good woman.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Cool Factor at the range, just make sure its big and nasty something like the Magnum Research BFR 45-70 I mean id go with the 10" but that's just me.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have been on a long search for the firearm my better half truly wants.

It has been a long string of failures.

Sadly, I end up with them instead.

I'm not giving up though...One day I will find the one she REALLY wants.

Until then, I will keep slogging my way through.

Being a giving person is not as easy as many think.

Top Bottom