• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What frustrates me so, is that demon-crats rammed the obamacare bill through, in the middle of the night, without ever reading it, it passed without a single GOP vote, and, people still vote demon-crat. The federal government is easily as corrupt and arrogant as it is tyrannical and bloated.

No disagreement there. There are lessons to be learned from the unity displayed by Democrats....at least there were until last year.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    What frustrates me so, is that demon-crats rammed the obamacare bill through, in the middle of the night, without ever reading it, it passed without a single GOP vote, and, people still vote demon-crat. The federal government is easily as corrupt and arrogant as it is tyrannical and bloated.

While it is true that the ACA was voted on at night, the claim that no one had read it is demonstrably false. In fact, the bill underwent substantial review and debate. Compare this to the Republican party's (note how I didn't use a childish nickname here!) attempts to repeal the ACA which were shrouded in secrecy. Also, note that Republicans also held votes at night, which is apparently beyond the pale in your view.

Before you parrot talking points maybe consider researching their veracity. This is one of the more ludicrous attempts to get the American people to swallow the TrumpCare hemlock without protest.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I didn`t vote for trump, and I`m not a fan, but, I`m even less of a fan of a liberal media that mocks him, attacks his character, and will literally say anything about the man and his family. Trump is no more irrelevant than the diseased, traitorous POS we dealt with for eight long years. The only difference is, the media protected the POS we just got rid of, and the same media makes no attempt to hide their contempt for Trump. You don`t have a leg to stand on with that baseless statement.

Only time will tell, but Trump certainly has the capability as he's shown time and time again that he's his own best enemy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While it is true that the ACA was voted on at night, the claim that no one had read it is demonstrably false. In fact, the bill underwent substantial review and debate. Compare this to the Republican party's (note how I didn't use a childish nickname here!) attempts to repeal the ACA which were shrouded in secrecy. Also, note that Republicans also held votes at night, which is apparently beyond the pale in your view.

Before you parrot talking points maybe consider researching their veracity. This is one of the more ludicrous attempts to get the American people to swallow the TrumpCare hemlock without protest.

Maybe you should consider the veracity of the snopes article. They are left-biased and they clearly cherrypicked the facts. But because they confirm your own bias, you think they're the end-all, be-all of settling the matter. "D'oh! I got snopes. Therefore I win." Bull****.

The truth is, Obamacare was passed by parliamentary tricks. Harry Reid was the primary author. Harry Reid took a unanimously passed bill from the house and replaced the entirety of that with the entirety of HIS Senate Bill. Not the debated one. HIS. It was done that way because the Dems lost the supermajority, so they had to avoid a fillibuster. So, no debate. Christmas Eve Reid called a vote on his concoction and it passed 100% along partisan lines.

The only debate in the House was up or down. No amendments were allowed. Nancy Pelosi strong-armed Democrats to just vote for it. They didn't know what the **** they were voting for and it's intellectually dishonest to say they did. Dem's control over individual congress critters is utterly astonishing in a so-called Democratic Republic.

But beyond that it is asinine to compare the two to see which out-****ed the public. BOTH ****ed the public. Does it matter who won by inches? One having a few more superficial layers of transparency laminated over an opaque substructure makes whatever transparency there is irrelevant. The truth about it is that both bills are horrendously subversive and opaque. The fact is, the people voting on both didn't really know the details.

Is that the kind of process you're proud of as an American? Or, from your position back and to the Left, do you just not give a flying **** how dishonest YOUR politicians are as long as you get your way? Yes, Republicans are abusing their power too. But can you seriously complain about them while defending YOURS? :rolleyes:

Yes, I lean more to the right, so I'll give the advantage to Republicans by millimeters. And at this magnitude millimeters just don't matter.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Although one thing I've noticed is that, even though lots of gun people aren't shy of using funny nick-names for politicians that they don't like: Obummer, G.W. Shrub, Hitlery, ect., in the gun debates, we all maintain our respect.

I've never seen anyone talking smack about Gaston Crock, or John Moses Clowning.

Kalabashnicov? (what a melon-head)

Buck#1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2017
    North Judson
    Time for these politicians to start doing what the people hired them to do. They talked about repeal for 7 years. Now have a president that will sign and they are messing around and failing us. McCain may have been war hero but has become a traitor to his people

Top Bottom