• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lots of complaints about the grip angle. I have to agree, though in all honesty it didn't effect my marksmanship. My issues are not about the gun, as mentioned in the OP.

Grip angle doesn't affect marksmanship, it affects speed. If you take your time to line up the sights, you can cock your wrists at all kinds of funky angles and make any grip angle work. However your body wants to point naturally with your wrists at a certain angle.

I've got a lot of rounds and a lot of years with Glock. I'm still about 0.15-.0.20 seconds slower to shoot it than I am my Sig. Sure, I can snap off rounds as fast, but I'll shoot high, and then work my way up high and left.

This is a modified Glock 22 with a grip angle change and an EXCELLENT trigger job:

10414558_666889586726892_4293738787005652208_n.jpg

This a P220 with Trijicon HD sights from the same distance:

10431466_666889630060221_3334532030289351887_n.jpg

Accuracy as in group size is about the same. However, my speeds with the Sig were 1.37-1.55 seconds from holster to first shot. With the Glock from the same style holster (OWB pancake with thumb snap) I was 1.61-1.76. At those speeds, I can shoot a DA revolver just as fast, but more accurately:

10355759_666889613393556_4891128821611305678_n.jpg

**on edit** those targets are not the most recent that the times come from. They are indicative, however, of my shot placement and times with various platforms.

2A_Dad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2014
    Anderson
    I love my Glocks, but they are certainly no better than several other poly-framed pistols. On the flip side of this argument, I hate when people say they hate Glocks because of those arguments. Kind of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater, I think. I know the original post was rather tongue-in-cheek, but I do have several friends who hate Glocks "just because." Bottom line is they're great guns, "Glock people" just tend to be psyko haha :)

I will say, though, that I remove the finger grooves, do a nice stipple job and put in a good thousand rounds or so before I get a respectable trigger pull.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    All guns have a certain stigma that seem to go with them. I think it is that way because a handgun is a personal weapon, like a Roman short sword. People tend to take personal when they collect and shoot a particular handgun make. Glocks are good firearms, but so are a lot of other makes out there. If someone wants to be a snob about it, so be it...I just agree with them and go about my business. No big deal.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Yeah, it's the fanbois that turn me off of Glocks. They (the fanbois) build them up so much. I just want to cheer when I hear of a Glock failure.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I try not to be a Glock fanboi. I don't think I'm annoying with my "brand loyalty".
    I've always been that way though, from Honeycomb cereal to Taylormade golf clubs.
    If I find something I like then I stick with it and have no problems espousing it's virtues.
    It's on record that I('ve) tried (and will continue to try) numerous handguns to suit my hands and needs.
    Glock fit that bill for me...and as much as I didn't want to be labeled a "poser" or "n00bie" or "fanboi" or "thugalicious"...I simply decided to go with what works best for me.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    <<<<<<<<I love my Glock, S&W, 1911, and whatever else I may or may not have. I enjoy shooting my 1911 more than my glock, but I can still ring steel at 90+ yards with both guns. :p They all have a place. Carry on. :)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm a bit partial to Rugers and 1911s, and anything made in the USA. However, I bought a made in the US Glock 42 and immediately fell in love with it. I then became interested in a Gen IV G19 in FDE, and found a used one. I loved it and then found a great deal at Primaryarms.com on a Gen IV G17 that I just couldn't pass up.

I still shoot a little better with my SR9, but I'm getting better as I shoot the Glocks more. I think I like their simplicity and utilitarian look. I don't, however, think there's anything magical to them, and I do think they are overpriced. They are mechanically simpler and have less machining than my SR9, but cost a hundred or more dollars more. The G17 should be priced right at 399, by my estimation. The G17 and 19 also tend to sometimes throw brass back at me. Fortunately, I have long arms and they don't get further back than my elbow. I can see how some people get them near the face and don't like that. I'm not sure why Glock can't seem to engineer that out of them. My Rugers throw the brass far to the right, free and clear, and they do it consistently. My Remington R1 1911 also throws the brass clear and to the right consistently.

Anyway, I like the GLocks, but don't see the religious devotion to them.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Die hard Glock fans are no different than the 1911 crowd who insists that the 45 acp is the only gun that can 'kill a mans soul'. Yes I said it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Coming from a newbie I think the Glocks are just simple and fun gun to shoot. But I also own and enjoy Sig938, H@KP30,S@W Shield, Kimbers, and a new PPQ M2. It seems like some just love to hate the Glocks! LOL. :ar15:

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Personally, I don't "hate" them but I also don't own one nor do I plan to buy one in the foreseeable future. Mainly because approximately 97% of my handgun shooting is done with handloads using cast lead bullets. Since Glock strongly 'discourages' the use of these projectiles in their products, IMO it wouldn't make much sense for me to buy one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Die hard Glock fans are no different than the 1911 crowd who insists that the 45 acp is the only gun that can 'kill a mans soul'. Yes I said it.

The only difference between a 1911 fan boy and a Glock fan boy is that the Glock fan boy has not shot a 1911 yet. Once he has, he will come away saddened at the thought of all he has missed by sticking to the Glock side of the force. It can be a very traumatic event and cause the poor misguided Glock fan boy to question other parts of his life. If he or she is not careful, they can find themselves tatooed and riding a Harley while trying to figure out how to keep a dew rag on their head.

Some guns are worthy of the addiction. But, being addicted to a Glock is like being addicted to instant coffee or canned spaghetti. All of the logic in the world does not change the fact that it's the canned spaghetti of the firearm world. Glocks are damn good guns but they need to be kept in perspective for what they are.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I hate glocks because

Person I meet-"Aww cool you like guns bro? Ya I just bought a glock 40 a few months ago, I have shot it once and I tell you with that gun you just can't miss. Can I come to your house and shoot?"

My Response- "No you dingbat... I dont know you, you own one gun and have only shot once, plus your hat is on backwards and your bright orange A shirt is blinding me and tells me I dont want to know you. Now please leave me alone and go tell someone else how cool you are."

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Don't be hatin' on the Glock Fortay Bro. Only professionals can handle a gun like that.

I own a Glock 23. Can I come over to your house and shoot? I will leave my hat in the car.

Top Bottom