• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    there are many reasons, most everything that everyone else said applies to me, too. but the first one that came to mind is "it's fun". that may not be the best reason, but it helps.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    cuz popping cantelopes at 200 yards is a great way to enjoy a day with your buddies...its fun, releives stress, and is something to do other than the usual sit at home and watch tv kinda stuff.....

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    I don't know about "stress relief" (I'm a freelancer: I live off stress)... To me it's just fun.

Anything that either burns fossil fuels or goes "boom" is just plain fun.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Because it's fun, because I enjoy the challenge of improving my skills, and because it allows me to forget about everything else going on in life for a bit. When I go to the range, aside from following safety rules and being mindful of others at the range. the only things that matter are myself, my gun and my target. I like being able to get into that bubble whenever I have the chance.

Also, I enjoy helping teach others to shoot better because I love that look on people's faces when things finally come together and they "get it."

iCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Porter
    I do it to relieve stress and because its fun. It's hard to explain to a non-shooter how satisfying it is to hit that bulls eye or clay. I just love it

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    WHOA WHOA WHOA! YOU GUYS SHOOT GUNS? I got guns, but I dont ever shoot them. My Government says I dont need to, and they will protect me!

I shoot for many reasons. I like to know that if SHTF, I can accurately make a shot. That and Im just competitive by nature. Even if I dont have anyone to go with, I will compare my targets to older ones to see how Im improving. Not only that... BUt what the hell good is it to own these amazing tools, and not use them. Thats like owning a hammer and not building anything with it.

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    I started shooting for defense. When my sons found out I armed and dangerous they now come over and we spend time at the little range in the back, who'd a thunk? :D And to top that off wifey decided she wants to shoot, I let her go and pick out her weapon of choice and now we shoot up a box of 22LR bulk in a week or less It's a fun hobby the whole family enjoys. I am a happy camper!

... wallet is easier to carry around now too! :laugh:

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Because I hunt, because I strive to be the best I can with any weapon,because you never know when you may need the skill, because my kids love it, because my wife loves it, because I have a range in my back yard, because I can, because my family are all military junkies, because my oldest is in the ARMY, because I'm a conservative-pro-gun-gonzo-wild man and one of my neighbors is a libtard, because I love the smell of burnt powder in the morning...and most of all, because my Dad taught me to, God rest his sole.

Dirty Steve

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    When I bought my first gun, I think I did it because I could. Thought it was 'cool'. I rapidly found out that while shooting the stress just rolled off me like hot butter in the sun. Then it's practice, practice, practice to get better. It is hard to describe unless you have done it yourself.
    An example. I recently acquired a 10mm Glock through another INGO member. Ordered some Double Tap ammo and crossed my fingers. After several shots of 180 gr boomers I felt a smile spread across my face!

That is why I shoot. And you learn a great self defense skill :D

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    I use them for defensive purposes, and to unwind. I also want to collect and build an arsenal just to have. I'd buy a gun like the M&P Shield just to have and take to the range, just to have another 9mm. One more to the collection but thats me.

Top Bottom