• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cassaireland05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Hillsboro IN
    Because its a great stress reliever!!! Plus if SHTF I know I will be ready! :) Plus I am addicted! :) Its a lot of fun and something about the recoil I love too! I absolutly love it!

eatdessertfirst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    It satisfies primal instincts. Pulling the trigger, feeling the kick, hearing the sound, and putting a hole into something is something a person needs to do. Oh, and to protect my family.

Magolin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Why do I shoot?
    Because I enjoy it.
    Because I'm a tiny little girl and if I'm gonna carry, I better have the skills to back it up.
    Because I like the single minded focus it requires to do well.
    Because its fun to out-shoot unsuspecting boys :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    To get good enough to kill the people that need it and not the ones that don't. I want to meet the former only a little less than they want to meet me.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I love to shoot. I don't get to the range as often as I would like to. Today is my birthday. First I took the day off from work. I dropped my daughter off at school. Then I had breakfast at my favorite restaurant. I went home and put my AR's + ammo in the SUV. I drove to the Wilbur Wright range and was the only one there, except for the rangemaster who was mowing. I killed 3 targets:ar15:(oh the carnage), still the only one there. Decided there had been enough paper carnage and loaded everthing up(still the only one there). Stopped at the Rural King in New Castle (love rural king:rockwoot:) and bought me some goodies for my birthday. Then I headed for home taking all the backroads I could find. The Good Lord gave me a beautiful day and I made the most of it. :happybday:
    That's why I shoot :yesway:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I love to shoot. I don't get to the range as often as I would like to. Today is my birthday. First I took the day off from work. I dropped my daughter off at school. Then I had breakfast at my favorite restaurant. I went home and put my AR's + ammo in the SUV. I drove to the Wilbur Wright range and was the only one there, except for the rangemaster who was mowing. I killed 3 targets:ar15:(oh the carnage), still the only one there. Decided there had been enough paper carnage and loaded everthing up(still the only one there). Stopped at the Rural King in New Castle (love rural king:rockwoot:) and bought me some goodies for my birthday. Then I headed for home taking all the backroads I could find. The Good Lord gave me a beautiful day and I made the most of it. :happybday:
    That's why I shoot :yesway:

Sounds like a pretty good birthday. Makes me wish that I didnt have one in December, or was stationed back in Texas again, at least its not that cold there.

I also shoot cause it annoys people that think they should have control over me. I shoot cause I like facts back up the emotions that I feel when I shoot, and not scared because the firearms go bang and think that they are all evil and must be killed. Silly me for not believing that inanimate objects aren't evil. I shoot cause it shows that I am the maker of my own fate.
    Since I posted guns aren't evil, thought I would share this video clip thought that had me laughing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpgL5kuBpMA
    Remember, its to help the kids, haha

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    1 Self Defense
    2 Natural Right
    3 It's like Golf, it's one of only a handful of sports out there where the competition can be just as much if not more against yourself to constantly improve group size, string time, and target distance, the same way a golfer can go a whole lifetime trying to lower a score without ever having to compete against someone else. Don't get me wrong I love competition shooting as well, to go up against others pushes that skill that much more; but there's not a time I get behind a trigger at the range that I'm not out to do better than I did last time; and there is no limit to what can be reached and there's always room to make myself better. It's that chasing the unattainable that becomes a drive to shoot as well as keeping things fun.

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    I have been shooting since a kid, my dad introduced me to it, I will be 55 in July and have been, shooting ,collecting and reloading ,for more than 33 years, mostly handguns. Everyone needs a hobby and I don't Golf.

Top Bottom