• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    I don't own a Glock, and I've only shot one once. I did like it, but I didn't think it was anything to write home about. My question is, if Glocks are so darn popular, why does it seem people are always selling their Glocks in the classifieds section? This isn't just a local thing - I just moved here from Louisiana, and it was the same thing - people always selling their Glocks! If they're so amazing, why aren't people keeping them?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I sold my Glocks to get other guns and the M&P is my favorite. I think others may have sold their Gen 1-3 for the Gen 4 with the back straps.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    Glocks are the most popular handgun in the country. I read a report about it once showing statistics. I dont remember what the numbers were, but they were pretty rediculous. IMHO, folks buy a glock because theyre so popular, then they realize there is better out there. Just my best guess anyway.+

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would venture to guess that like me, some gun owners own multiple copies of the guns they carry the most. Sometimes things come up, money issues, maybe the want for a new gun, any number of reasons really. And they sell the copies of the guns they have. At one point I had 4 Sigs. Now I only have one because I found a platform I like better. I currently have 2 Glocks and 3 1911s.

The gun I have been carrying lately is a CZ P-01. I have really liked this platform for a very long time but avoided carrying it becuse CZs tend to be hard to come by. But Now I have another in waiting so the CZ has finally become my EDC choice because I have a copy should the need arise.

That is just a guess though. Really it comes down to, why do people do anything they do?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    +1

Glocks are the most popular handgun in the country. I read a report about it once showing statistics. I dont remember what the numbers were, but they were pretty rediculous. IMHO, folks buy a glock because theyre so popular, then they realize there is better out there. Just my best guess anyway.+

When you have the most #'s out there, you will have the most sold+bought..Bill.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis

This

They like kool-aid? :dunno:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Because Glocks are ugly, boringly reliable, relatively cheap handguns. Everyone has one and they are more likely to hit the chopping block to fund a nicer looking gun.

I've got a lot of guns. My family has a lot of guns. Not one of uses or ever have owned one. Perhaps it's a family/personality thing, but I personally hate them, have always hated them, and will continue to hate them. Bleck.

:puke:

That being said. I totally get why people like them. Their grip angles and sponge triggers just don't fit me.
    That and both my M&P and my 1911 look wwaaayy sexier.
    Then again just about every girl is prettier than the fat, ugly girl, so that's not really fair.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    For the same reason more people sell Honda Civics than they do Porches.

He is absolutely right...:n00b: A true Porsche aficionado would atleast know how to spell it correctly. :rolleyes:

Maybe there is more money to be had selling porches.....but doesnt the buyer have to own a house first? :dunno:

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It's like the iPhone. They're selling the old model and trading up to the new one that comes out every 6 months.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    He meant porches. People only have one house but you can have multiple cars.

And how often do you see just a porch for sale? Check the classifieds.....there are NONE. The government must be buying all of the porches direct from the distributors.....banking stuff up for its assault on the American people.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    I'm thread jacking a bit here. But help me understand please, why would anyone spend that kind of money on anything that will do nothing but deteriorate in value? Refering to a porsche.

Top Bottom