• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do the same thing with 1911's. I have a few that will never leave and the rest are in a rotation. Sell 1 and step up to a different model at a higher level. It is a simple way to climb up the ladder to better and better pieces.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't own a Glock, and I've only shot one once. I did like it, but I didn't think it was anything to write home about. My question is, if Glocks are so darn popular, why does it seem people are always selling their Glocks in the classifieds section? This isn't just a local thing - I just moved here from Louisiana, and it was the same thing - people always selling their Glocks! If they're so amazing, why aren't people keeping them?

Why does everyone sell their Chevy truck? :popcorn:

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Kind of like Harley owners, devout following and always looking to have the newest/bestest. I like Harley's and I like Glocks but I don't own any of either.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm thread jacking a bit here. But help me understand please, why would anyone spend that kind of money on anything that will do nothing but deteriorate in value? Refering to a porsche.

Because they dont plan to sell it. They plan on keeping it forever, but sometimes things come up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm thread jacking a bit here. But help me understand please, why would anyone spend that kind of money on anything that will do nothing but deteriorate in value? Refering to a porsche.

Why do people spend money to go to a movie, when their tickets are completely worthless afterward? Not every purchase is about return on investment, sometimes its about enjoying what you bought.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Glocks are good guns, hence Glocks are good trading fodder. People want them, plain and simple.

I have sold/traded/bought several Glocks on INGO. They sell quickly; the time I sold a nearly new 26, it was listed for less than 1/2 an hour before being snatched up.

As far as the gun cases being full of them, put a Glock 19 in the case of my LGS, and it won't be there very long. I'm sure every location varies, however.......

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    this is a question like...if camry's are the most popular car why are so many in accidents or why are so many for sale...the reason is that there are more glocks and more camrys in the world--period...so if you have millions more of glocks than other handguns logically you will see more available on the market for the same reasons you see other guns for sale even if the percentage retained by buyers is lower than other handguns...also look at the caliber...you see more 40 cals in the civilian marketplace for sale imo than any other gun...people just dont like that caliber due to cost, recoil, and market acceptance

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Glocks are good guns, hence Glocks are good trading fodder. People want them, plain and simple.

I have sold/traded/bought several Glocks on INGO. They sell quickly; the time I sold a nearly new 26, it was listed for less than 1/2 an hour before being snatched up.

This ^^^ is about right. Glocks are like a form of currency or a commodity that can be traded or sold. I know that if I buy a Glock that I can get almost a fixed % return on my investment if I ever want to sell it to fund another project.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    I own several Glocks and have sold several as well. Last one I sold was a 27 that I just didn't like for CC. Just too fat....it was my only "baby" Glock and as much as I like the larger frame Glocks, the babies don't do it for me. Like others have said, there are lots of reasons one might sell a Glock. My collection of handguns is always in some state of rotation. Sometimes you just get bored with a particular gun or decide you want something else more...Glocks are nice because they are so easy to sell, and for a buyer they know they can pretty safely purchase a used Glock and know they are getting a reliable pistol.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I don't own a Glock, and I've only shot one once. I did like it, but I didn't think it was anything to write home about. My question is, if Glocks are so darn popular, why does it seem people are always selling their Glocks in the classifieds section? This isn't just a local thing - I just moved here from Louisiana, and it was the same thing - people always selling their Glocks! If they're so amazing, why aren't people keeping them?

You answered your own question. My first handgun was a Glock 19. I liked it. I didn't love it, but I was able to enjoy time at the range and have the means to protect myself and family. I eventually bought a Glock 20C in 10 mm.

Then I became more of a firearms 'enthusiast' of sorts. After time, opportunities arose that enabled me to shoot handguns that (in my opinion) were more fun to shoot, had/have better ergonomics, higher quality...and so on.

You will run into some folks that think that Glocks are crafted by Merlin out of Unicorn horns and used exclusively by Zeus...others, like me, consider them well-made weapons that are good for what they are designed for. I just happen to not be a fan of the ergonomics of Glock pistols.

Finally, if you really get caught up in the "Glock World" you will come to find the hypocrisy therein. There are hundreds of examples of this at your fingertips. A new Glock owner will join a forum and spout how it is the Hammer of Thor...over the next few months, you will begin to see posts from this new owner on how he upgraded the trigger, then the sights, then the mag release, then he took a Dremel Tool to the grip and changed the angle, then he took a soldering iron to stipple the grips...and so on.

So, in a nutshell, the stock Glock that these people are buying are really not what they want. It's a vehicle to upgrade. Again, it is a fine weapon bone stock...however, as I stated above, for most folks to really love their Glocks, they have to try and make it as close to a M&P or PPQ or P30 as they can without swallowing their pride and just admitting defeat and just go out and buy the better gun! :D

EDIT: As a matter o' fact, here's a linky to a discussion of Glock "improvements" that is currently a few spots down from this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/249297-armed_dynamics_enhancing_the_glock.html

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glocks come in a lot of different configurations. When someone buys their first Glock, it's often not the perfect one for them and they buy more. Sooner or later, they have several and then they realize that one or more just don't get shot as often. They sell that and buy another Glock and then a while later they realize that there is another Glock that does not get shot as much so they sell that to buy whatever they have their eye on at the moment.

Glocks are tools and most people don't form an emotional bond to a tool. There are a lot of 1911s out there as well, but I think there is more of a tendency to bond with a specific 1911. Glocks are also very easy to sell. Everyone knows what they are worth so it's easy to buy a used Glock, run it for a while then sell it to buy something different. 1911s are all over the map price wise and it's not as easy to fix a value to a 1911 as it is a Glock.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    And how often do you see just a porch for sale? Check the classifieds.....there are NONE. The government must be buying all of the porches direct from the distributors.....banking stuff up for its assault on the American people.

'xactly!!! :laugh:

Typing while trying to watch Archer makes for typos. Oops.

The thing is sheer numbers. Glock makes lots and lots and lots of reasonably priced guns, and therefore have a lot in circulation. Their production numbers are staggering. There are quite literally millions of them out there.

Like Honda Civics or Camrys. There's a lot of them, most people have the means to buy/sell them, and thus you're just going to see a whole lot of them in the classifieds as compared to say a Porsche Cayman. ;)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

So that not so handsome and/or older men can get the hot chicks too... :D

I guess it depends on what you mean by "do nothing".... :D

I'm NOT a Porsche owner - just for the record. Just an observer of human behavior....

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    The basic idea (lightweight/striker fired/simple) is great, but then you end up switching calibers and frame size trying to find the "right" version.

Hence the conversion barrels and SIG making their 250 model?

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I had many glocks over the years and sold them all. Some I sold because of money issues, Ive found glocks are pretty easy to sell quick. Some I sold to get other firearms. I like glock but they seem the same no matter the model or caliber which is a good thing but I like some variety. I wish glock would make other models that used different operating systems like SA/DA or long guns.

Top Bottom