• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    did you not read the first sentence, this post was not for me, in fact no one has ever said a negative word about the p95 or any of the p series guns...this was for people, for example that bought a gun and immediately start getting posts like "why didn't you get X" or "you know those cheap guns aren't as reliable as Y"....i just used my gun as a example for the thread...maybe i blew my horn a bit but i assure you i don't fall under the category of people that care what others think...

mattkellyind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Marion In (Central)
    Personal choice of a firearm is comparable to the arguement of the ultmate truck - ford chevy gmc toyota (the last one was a joke by the way) But I would rather have a truck when I needed to move than not have one!!!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Jack, take your grumpy self somewhere else. the post was made to give some people a idea on why they always get negative feedback on their selection regardless of what that selection may have been...nobody likes a troll...

49 posts and an expert on forum behaviour, guns, psychology and handing out orders.:rockwoot:

Another 50 and you'll own the place.:dunno:

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    jack- good for you bud, after all this experience you have racked up you should be able to hold your tongue on the negativity..and that's the most common rebuttal to this type of issue "oh i guess someone thinks they are king"...please...besides, this isn't my only forum, this is my newest one and i like it very much...i have a very good rep on my Ruger forum with a multitude of postings (like it matters how many posts you have. that's like saying the person that opens their mouth the most is the only person you should listen to)..but that's all, back to the toasters...

fireaxe- yes i suppose the 4STR could hypothetically have more reliability issues seeing that it has more parts to break but the pluses out weigh the minuses, higher capacity and better toasting overall...

Last edited:

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    lol, blasphemy!...imo they are great looking firearms, the p345 is excellent looking 45 the p95 is just a rugged looking piece and the new SR9/40s are very attractive (for a firearm of course)

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I'm confused, isn't this INdiana GOurmet? Rugers are guns? I thought they were Russian toasters. -1 Google.

For the record. 4 slot for home, 2 slot for carry/travel and toaster oven hidden in case the ban goes through.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I understand where you are coming from to an extent. I carried a 92FS and I own one. I can attest to their durability and accuracy. I have never been a big fan of Ruger but that's just a personal preference. There was a local shop owner that would tell you Colt makes the best 1911 hands down. One of the guys that worked at the shop would tell you Ruger is the best hands down. I say buy what fits you and if it works for you that is all that matters. I own FN's and they are not real common in the gun World. At least not around here their not. They work for me though so I'm happy with them.

Last edited:

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    true, just your opinion...and i also want a 92f baaad...don't need it at all but i personally think it's a awesome looking firearm and hear they are pin point accurate...

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    For anyone that doubts the concealability of a Ruger, Antonio Banderas carried a pair of steel frame P Series .45 Rugers in his sleeves in Desperado and still played guitar while doing that. :n00b: :):

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    true, just your opinion...and i also want a 92f baaad...don't need it at all but i personally think it's a awesome looking firearm and hear they are pin point accurate...

They are that accurate and it's the thing about them that I hate. Huge, bulky gun with a jam prone action...but they shoot so dang straight. Makes them so tempting.

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I understand what you are saying about gun snobs but that is just there opinion. I would not pay them much attention. I on the other hand am kind of crazy with guns I will go out and buy a brand new smith and wesson 625 jm and then a week later buy a used lorcin 9mm that looks like a car pulled it behind it down the street. Then maybe a month later just buy a good used ruger super blackhawk. Then maybe a year later trade them all for a rock river ar-15. I just like shooting all different kinds of guns and sometimes I keep them for a while and some of them I trade or sell without ever shooting. What I am getting at is some people have certain types of guns or brands of guns they like and some people like all guns it's just preference. But I will say this after owning alot of types of guns and alot of brands I have had wonderful high end guns and garbage high end guns and vice versa. Most brands made several good guns and a few bad ones some guns you just have to try out and see if you like it and just because you had one that was bad doesn't mean everyone that they made was garbage. If that was the case no one would buy any cars I mean how many of you have owned a lemon of one brand or another.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Most P series pistols were available in a decocker/safety model, a decocker only model, or a double action only model.

Just because a double action pistol has a safety doesn't mean it's necessary to carry it with the safety on. We were trained to carry the M9s hammer down, safety off, using the safety only as a decocker.

Very true. I just know if it's there I just may use it at some point and then always wonder if it's on or off. Sounds crazy, but I only feel comfortable with the 1911 safeties.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    safety

This reply after a beer on an empty stomach. And without reading the whole thread so it may be a repeat. Sig's as a general rule are safe to carry decocked but only if you use the decocker. If you decock with trigger finger and thumb a hammer strike (drop) could fire the pistol.
    Know your pistols safety protocols.

fireaxes- dont get me wrong, i could give a **** about people think of my firearm, that was the point of the post...unless i misinterpreted your post, then my bad...

Que- check out the new SR series no safety, loaded chamber indicator, high cap, beautiful design..but yea, all of Ruger's hammer opt designs are either going to have a safety or decocker...i never use the safety and i decock with the trigger and thumb...

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Help Jack

49 posts and an expert on forum behaviour, guns, psychology and handing out orders.:rockwoot:

Another 50 and you'll own the place.:dunno:

I'm no grand master either but its dam seldom I hear anything positive out of Jack Ryan, Professional Wet Blanket. If you can't add something positive, helpful, or useful, go back to sleep.:twocents:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    While I haven't read all of this thread I can say that just about everyone says to stay away from the stuff the conversions the monkeys at Century did for a long time, I can say this...I have a Cetme that will eat commercial .308 and a MAS 49/56 that has no issue running 7.62x51(haven't tried commercial yet but I will next time it goes to the range). Just because someone has a bad experience doesn't mean everyone should take that as gospel. For the stories you read about online there are probably 10 that are great that nobody ever talks about. I like reading about the bad experiences to know what I might find but even the worst gun review wouldn't make me shy away from something I want to buy or at least test.

Top Bottom