• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Because there are others ahead of it in the que.
    I also purchased one of the 2024 Ingo lowers.
    Haven't decided which way to go with it either.

I'm running out of new calibers to build up AR's.
    You need extra ones on hand for new calibers that haven't been created yet . . . so all you need do is acquire or build the upper!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Duplication is good too. 1 is none and 2 is one.
    How many AR's should you have?
    x = (n+1), x < y, where
    x is the desired number to have
    n is the current number one has
    y is the number at which the significant other packs up and leaves, unless the significant other's departure is desired.

Redundancy guards against unplanned downtime from unanticipated failure and provides availability during planned maintenance. Just one redundancy results in increased availability by entire orders of magnitude.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    A correction to the video, the AR 15 was made for the Civilian population. It was only when a Air Force General shot one a 4th of July BBQ and liked it that Armalite was asked to make a Military version with select fire.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Because there are others ahead of it in the que.
    I also purchased one of the 2024 Ingo lowers.
    Haven't decided which way to go with it either.

I'm running out of new calibers to build up AR's.
    If you just build it up as a lower to stash for later, don't put a shoulder stock on it. If you have an upper less than 16" (i.e. a pistol upper), put that on it first with nothing but the buffer tube (no stock or brace), and document it with photos. If made as a "pistol" first it can be married with a rifle upper and stock, and reverted back to a pistol later. If married first with a shoulder stock before being made into a pistol, it's forever a rifle until the end of time and can never be a pistol. One of the wacko inexplicable things with the ATF regarding pistols and rifles. AR Pistols are still legal . . . the ongoing litigation is all about whether or not you can put braces on them with injunctions regarding braces (as of today) still in place. That's why I've always bought stripped lowers which are annotated on the 4473 by the seller as "Other" in Block 16, versus "Handgun" or "Long Gun".

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you just build it up as a lower to stash for later, don't put a shoulder stock on it. If you have an upper less than 16" (i.e. a pistol upper), put that on it first with nothing but the buffer tube (no stock or brace), and document it with photos. If made as a "pistol" first it can be married with a rifle upper and stock, and reverted back to a pistol later. If married first with a shoulder stock before being made into a pistol, it's forever a rifle until the end of time and can never be a pistol. One of the wacko inexplicable things with the ATF regarding pistols and rifles. AR Pistols are still legal . . . the ongoing litigation is all about whether or not you can put braces on them with injunctions regarding braces (as of today) still in place. That's why I've always bought stripped lowers which are annotated on the 4473 by the seller as "Other" in Block 16, versus "Handgun" or "Long Gun".
    Preachin' to the choir...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The way things are going in this country you cannot rely on any level of government to keep its citizens safe. The career politicians have completely failed to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States. With all the illegal aliens invading our country we all have to be prepared to defend our families and property. For example, the illegal aliens who beat the crap out of two uniformed NYPD officers in Times Square. It can happen anywhere. Indy is not safe either and you gotta be ready. We all have to pray and hope Biden is not reelected, it may be our last hope.
    Peace! :wavey:

Top Bottom