Why I generally don't buy stuff from Facebook gun groups...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I see this often in the 'Southern Indiana Gun Traders' group on Facebook. This group has almost 15,000 members in it, so it's safe to assume some of you have seen this already. Once every few days I notice very aggressive arguments and threats of violence being made on there, normal douche baggery, racism, and just uneducated comments. Today I decided to screen capture this as it's the perfect combination of it all:

Because of the language in the image, I won't embed it directly into this post. You can however read it here: http://i.imgur.com/EU3rOiP.jpg (I also blurred out the faces and names, though more as a courtesy than a need since it's public anyhow)

So, the original poster has a S&W .40 caliber extended 'clip' and regular 'clip' for sale. His profile has pictures of him pointing a gun at the camera, small pile of $20 bills, posing with bags of weed, etc. As you can imagine this was noticed and commented on in the discussion.

It ended with him and someone else publicly announcing their intentions to fight or kill each other. What the hell is wrong with people?

It ends like this:
    "(Fudge) you stupid (fudging) (n-word) ill wipe your (butt) off the face of this (gosh darned) planet to hell with you." -- Some guy who listed 'Killer in the US Army' as his employment
    "Lmao coming from somebody who ain racist (fudge) you punk (but) (female dog) you wouldn't last a day in my shoes and you wish you had the balls to even meet me in person I will dead serious bear handed beat you to death (female dog)" - Original Poster

People can be really dumb sometimes. Making public threats of violence with their real names, photos of themselves, family. Work place listed and other very identifiable information given.

Anyhow, thanks for staying class INGO. If you're a member of that group, you can read the uncensored version here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=771573322885972&set=gm.650228068417503&type=1

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    "Lmao coming from somebody who ain racist (fudge) you punk (but) (female dog) you wouldn't last a day in my shoes and you wish you had the balls to even meet me in person I will dead serious bear handed beat you to death (female dog)" - Original Poster

201012252348469977_123001767.jpg

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    FB is full of idiots. I enjoy INGO a whole lot.

This.

I even once posted a URL to the Crosley Thread I made on here, but quickly removed it as I realized I:
    -Didn't want my INGO account tied to my real name / location (Though a few of you have it already, that's fine)
    -Didn't want to invite people to the range that just opened. I wanted it to be empty, and it was.
    -Didn't want those type of people on INGO. :)

So I quickly deleted it.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sounds to me like the first mistakes made in that little slice of nastiness was made by their parents--who should have apparently never had children.

Funny though, in a really sad kind of way, that folks with the same IQ and shoe size really DO exist.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    All those groups are an absolute joke. But I have to admit I do enjoy reading the 22lr for sale posts :lmfao: They always seem to be good for a nice laugh.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    All those groups are an absolute joke. But I have to admit I do enjoy reading the 22lr for sale posts :lmfao: They always seem to be good for a nice laugh.

Yeah, those can be quite good too.

Honestly, it's the same reason why I read my locale's 'Buy Sell Trade' group. People selling stuff for more than it's worth, hilarious arguments, people calling each other out for not showing or selling broken items, etc.

Voodoo574

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    South Bend/ Mishawaka
    Again..... My faith in the human race has been challenged. I don't think that being in a FB gun group would be a good idea. Last thing I want would be to have some fool see me on there and get the idea of robbing me. Of course the gentleman that had his profile pic with guns AND drugs in it probably didn't think about that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1st... FB is a waste of electricity unless you are IM with a friend across country. Even then a text will suffice.

2nd...FB should have some monitoring of this crap. Anyone posting up pics with a gun/money/drugs needs to be looked into. Well, it does make for good fodder in the media when they find these idiots not breathing.

3rd...Let Darwin do it's thing.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    that was a very entertaining link! to answer the Q about whats wrong with people, i think social media has allowed people to sit behind a computer, and say all the crap they want, thinking its real, and therefore they feel powerful, or they feel cool, or feel like a real gangsta, its ridiculous. People literally put real meaning behind what they say, they actually think its real. Its all fake. its all just words on a screen with zero repercussions, most of the time:). Its just people being stupid.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No such thing as decorum any more, huh? Participating in many of these groups, comment sections of web pages, etc. will dim your IQ several points and are a waste of time.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Hmmm, since it looks like the FB OP (as well as a couple others) has / is committing several crimes, shouldn't be too tough to located them.

No knock raid / JBT time? :laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom