• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'd be interested in that thread, should you make it. My dad has been making noises about getting one since his hands basically don't work as hands very well any longer.

If his hands are smallish (mens Med -Large gloves) or if arthritis makes him recoil sensitive = get the .380 version

Large hands 9mm is OK. But keep in mind there is a lot of plastic and small parts in these guns. Personally I wouldn’t want the 9mm.

I have seen ladies struggle with disengaging the grip safeties on the 9mm version because the grip was too big. They especially have problems with the thumb safety versions. Trying to ride the safety results in the grip opening up.

Unless he is a 1911 guy avoid the grip safety.

The best overall version is the standard .380 EZ without grip safety. It is an easy, light, reliable little gun.

Don’t take one apart. The little springs and tiny parts are maddening.

Eric94

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2022
    Georgetown
    Ive noticed thru a search on this board that while cz has its thread almost pinned XDM are rarely even mentioned outside of the sales board? I just recently picked up my XDM elite compact and havent gotten to shoot it yet, but is there a reason that the gun isnt as popular as say a M&P shield?
    I like my XDM 10mm with a 4.5" barrel.
    It's my bear country hiking gun for now.
    (Unless i pick up a M&P in 10mm)
    At the time i boight it, it was either an XDM or Glock 20.
    The grip was slimmer on the XDM and the trigger was better.
    You don't even notice the grip safety.
    You have to touch it to even hold the gun, so it's a non issue.
    It goes bang every time.
    I have no complaints with it.
    I have an XDM elite 9mm too.
    I like it as well.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I found the XD to be big and bulky, not fun to shoot...while the XDM is smaller then the XD, it just isn't the right size for me. The M&P Shield EZ 9 seem to fit what I'm looking for then what the XDM offers. Seems like more people like the Shield or Hellcats over the XDM.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I found the XD to be big and bulky, not fun to shoot...while the XDM is smaller then the XD, it just isn't the right size for me. The M&P Shield EZ 9 seem to fit what I'm looking for then what the XDM offers. Seems like more people like the Shield or Hellcats over the XDM.
    The Shield and Hellcat are single stack widths where the XDm is a double stack. They will feel worlds different. Comparing a XDm to other double stacks like a G**** or M&P would be more suitable. The Shield/Hellcat would be compared more to the XDs.

To me, the grip on the XDm was a good bit more compact than than a 9mm G****.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The Shield and Hellcat are single stack widths where the XDm is a double stack. They will feel worlds different. Comparing a XDm to other double stacks like a G**** or M&P would be more suitable. The Shield/Hellcat would be compared more to the XDs.

To me, the grip on the XDm was a good bit more compact than than a 9mm G****.
    That is true.... I always thought of the XDm to be a more compact pistol like a Shield or Hellcat, or attempted to be one of them. I haven't held an XDs before, so I'll have to check them out.

Even then, I'd seek other platforms before seriously considering an XDm just based on my experience shooting my dad's XD.

Top Bottom